Notices

Wish Me Luck

Old 10-25-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wish Me Luck

So this is the big week for me. Monday morning I have my 2nd interview for the job I really want. It works great with my schedule with my primary job and we save money by not having to put our daughter in daycare. Tuesday morning is my court date. I'm filled with anxiety! Moments like this I'd take my Klonopin, but I can't since I'm currently in treatment. Everyone I talk to says "oh you'll be fine". I think I'm the only person that doesn't think I'll be fine. I have my paperwork from Outpatient treatment showing I've been clean as they UA us often. I've been in compliance with everything needed. I'll let my lawyer handle everything. Looking back at all my mistakes while drinking and all I can say is that I was an idiot. All of the could haves are in order. I could've not gone out that night as I was close to not going out but we did and I ended up getting my 2nd DUI. I could've killed someone (That parade in OKC comes to mind with the woman that drove into the crowd) . Sucks! I feel bad for the families of the people that lost someone because of her especially the 2 year old that just passed. That could've been me. I'm happy I made the choice to quit drinking. I feel sh*tty about my choices while drinking!!!!!!

Wish me luck as I'm not a positive person when it comes to myself, but I appreciate everyone else's positive words.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

You'll do great gettight!
Old 10-25-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck on your interview and court date getright
I am sending you positive thoughts & I am sure you will do great
Old 10-25-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you Luck getright !
Old 10-25-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your job interview goes well on Monday.

Good luck with the court date. You mentioned you have a lawyer so do you know what to expect or hope for?
Old 10-25-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well a few things. 1) My blood is inadmissible, 2) I gave no statement to incriminate myself

He feels pretty strong about me getting a Wreckless Driving charge instead of the DUI. We shall see.

Originally Posted by Anna View Post

Good luck with the court date. You mentioned you have a lawyer so do you know what to expect or hope for?
Old 10-25-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck on both. Either way, it sounds like you've turned your life around, so nothing else could bring that down.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very true about turning my life around. Thanks!

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Good luck on both. Either way, it sounds like you've turned your life around, so nothing else could bring that down.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just put your best foot forward, GetRight! you can do this!
Old 10-25-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi getright15 -

Pulling for you. One day at a time. Sometimes we are our own harshest critics. Let us know how your interview goes.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Rootin' for ya, getright. I hope this marks the low point of your troubles and it's all up from here!
Old 10-26-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good luck, getright! I hope it goes your way.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good luck! I'll be sending positive thoughts your way!
Old 10-26-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Actually, I think from what you're saying about your DUI and how you feel about it, plus how you have treated it as a turning point and are determined that it will never, ever happen again - that's all positive stuff and what I'd have thought they want to hear. There are no 'yeah buts..' or 'it wasn't my fault because...' sidelines in there that hint that you're not really taking it seriously.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and today for the job interview as well. I'm sure things will work out for the best - even if 'the best' isn't necessarily how we expect it will look.

Try not to let anxiety overcome you - you want to be able to focus on the interview itself, and what you can do for them so you can convince them that you are the best person for the job. (Maybe try Anna's exercise to get back in the moment - you'll have to do it lots of times no doubt, but I've found it really helpful.)

Take yourself off somewhere you can be alone for a while, and get comfortable and relax the tension from your body. Taking some slow, and deep breathes try to get calmed. Focus on what you can hear; then what you can see; then what you can smell; then what you can feel, right there and then. If you're mind starts drifting off with other thoughts from the past or the future, gently pull your focus back to the here and how.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice Beccy

So 1 thing off of the to do list is over with. Interview I think went pretty well. I wasn't to nervous as the person giving the interview was pretty easy to talk to. I should hear something back this evening if I got it or not. If I do get it I just hope tomorrow goes just as smooth.

I'll be sure to fill you guys in!

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and today for the job interview as well. I'm sure things will work out for the best - even if 'the best' isn't necessarily how we expect it will look.

Try not to let anxiety overcome you - you want to be able to focus on the interview itself, and what you can do for them so you can convince them that you are the best person for the job. (Maybe try Anna's exercise to get back in the moment - you'll have to do it lots of times no doubt, but I've found it really helpful.)

Take yourself off somewhere you can be alone for a while, and get comfortable and relax the tension from your body. Taking some slow, and deep breathes try to get calmed. Focus on what you can hear; then what you can see; then what you can smell; then what you can feel, right there and then. If you're mind starts drifting off with other thoughts from the past or the future, gently pull your focus back to the here and how.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 10-26-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Old 10-26-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ooop - that came out a bit bigger than I expected :o
Old 10-26-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

So get this....my lawyer called me with great news!

As I wasn't expecting good news as usual he calls me and says I have a deal for you. They will drop the DUI charge and give me wreckless driving instead. I have to do some classes and a panel and pay a fine. No jail, no DUI on my record! I'm so trilled I go into court tomorrow already knowing my fate. Feels like some weights just got lifted off my shoulders. Now I'm just waiting for the phone call saying I got the job!

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
Ooop - that came out a bit bigger than I expected :o
Old 10-26-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How fabulous is that? So glad for you getright.