Notices

feeling sad & lost

Old 10-22-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling sad & lost

i don't know what to do....my son & his wife are separated- divorcing. things have been ugly- they are not good for each other- she def knows how to push his buttons! things had been looking up- we were having our granddaughter regularly- good for all of us....my son met a new young lady who is the polar opposite of the DIL- she is very sweet, they get along great- are very good for each other...then the DIL last week kept our granddaughter from us for a few days- traumatic for all of us.... she finally let us see her, but then turned around & filed assault charges on my son- from an incident several weeks ago- he did not assault her, but probably did touch her. bottom line- he has to turn himself in- we do not know what will come of this. granddaughter's birthday party is this weekend- we already had a party planned & it will still happen. DIL has a protective order preventing my son from having contact with her (DIL). she originally included our granddaughter in this, but has since dropped this portion of the order. he was devastated at the thought of not being able to see her. this may result in my son losing his job- & that will result in him losing everything he has- job, car, just leased a house & bought some stuff for it....we cannot afford a lawyer- i just don't know what will happen. if the charges stick, he could have to do some jail time ( he has a prior record from more than 10 years ago). I just feel so lost & scared & down. the great news is, i am still sober & have no desire at all to drink over this! but that's the only good news i can see! but, otherwise, i feel like s**t. this is out of my control, i know- & that only makes it worse. thanks for listening- i don't even know if i want advice or what- just feeling so sad & at a loss....we all HATE the DIL for doing this- cannot figure out what she is up to.....the hubby & I are hanging in there- very scared. sorry for the long post.....
Old 10-22-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Well I don't think you need any advice from me just as you stated, I think it was good to vent on what has been bothering you. You made it pretty clear that drinking will only make any stressful situation even worse.

I hope that your son and your daughter in law can figure out a situation so that your granddaughter can flourish and not get caught in the middle of games and nonsense.

Here is to hoping for the best and not worrying about dwelling on the bad that "could" happen until it actually does.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that Lady. If she has reported something that didn't happen that will most likely come out in the end, there will be an investigation of some kind. The best thing you can do is be there for him and your granddaughter and be an honest character witness if you are asked to be.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I suppose it is possible that delayed charges might be linked to your son finding a new girlfriend (and I am not saying that is the case)
I he didn't do anything then he should be ok

It is a shame when this sort of thing happens and people don't behave in the best interests of their children.

Well done for not drinking over it and I hope for a good outcome for you ladyboo