Notices

Sugar!

Old 10-21-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sugar!

It has been over a month since I have had wine and cigarettes and I still cannot stop eating chocolate or popsicles. I'm fine in the morning, but once 2:00 pm hits I start in on the snickers or twix - whatever I can get my hands on. Once I'm home - I have dinner and then I start eating those freeze-pop popsicles - some nights I have 8 of them! Last night I think I ate 3 bowls of grapes too. It's crazy how much I crave sugar in the afternoons when I never did before (other than a bottle of wine). I thought maybe this would subside, but it almost feels uncontrollable. So crazy. I am constantly thinking about sugar!
Old 10-21-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Our bodies crave the sugars we were getting from alcohol almost as much as the brain craves the alcohol. In early recovery I think indulging in the sweets to fight off cravings is better than drinking. But at some point you can overdo the sweets...and it sounds like you are at that point. Time, maybe, to start moderating the sugar.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I agree with Carl, not drinking is the priority.

Maybe give it a bit longer and then ease of on the sugar, maybe by replacing the Twix/Snickers with fruit
Old 10-21-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh I know I need to. Sometimes I say to myself "You know what B, you gave up the booze and cigarettes, so eat what you want." But now I am feeling I need to get this under control before I blow up like a balloon. I do work out so I have put on any weight....but it will come eventually.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grapes are good, I went crazy for ice cream.
I thought I would go into a sugar coma. I read on here that it would settle down and try replacing it with fruit.
I think it took about 6 to 9 months for my sugar cravings to go. I am good now.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Light exercise I walk & now I'm pushing it up to jogging it helps losing weight & helps with my moods aswell