Thoughts that helped me

Old 10-21-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thoughts that helped me

I was feeling acutely anxious yesterday about my bf--"What is he doing, where is he," etc. Then I had some thoughts that calmed me down.

Thought one: HE doesn't have to want to be with me instead of with crack. -I- have to want to be with me instead of with crack. I need to end my obsession with crack being so great. I need to prefer me to crack. He doesn't have to. I have to. I have to prefer to be in my own life rather than in anxiety and jealousy over crack.

Thought two: He has no obligation to me, and I have no obligation to him. He has no obligation to think or act in any particular way toward me, he truly does not. And likewise, I have no obligation toward him. This thought gave me a lot of freedom.

I went on to watch the baseball playoffs with my friends and while I still had moments of anxiety, it was a pretty good night. And yes, we did wind up talking, but I didn't let the chaos exhaust me. And I feel calm this morning.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

HE doesn't have to want to be with me instead of with crack. -I- have to want to be with me instead of with crack. I need to end my obsession with crack being so great. I need to prefer me to crack. He doesn't have to. I have to. I have to prefer to be in my own life rather than in anxiety and jealousy over crack.
Wow, profound truths! Well done.

Hugs