Notices

Can't sleep ?

Old 10-21-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Can't sleep ?

Insomnia is annoying & draining for the last few months I've been getting a lot better sleep due to certain things I've switched up, here is how I tackled it..

First I tried sleep meds which I had success with but also restless leg syndrome which defeated the purpose I've included this so you don't have to try this route as it doesn't work or is counter productive

Next I tried sleep hygeine which is a big part of getting a good nights sleep and it helps a lot

https://sleepfoundation.org

Next I tried reading, prolonged reading a couple hours leading up to bedtime (yes I said bedtime) This is the one that will tire anyone as long as you cut your food intake 2 hours before bedtime and focus solely on reading, if you really want to sleep do this and let me know if it worked for you I had massive insomnia & now well now it's non existent so long as I stick to my sleep plan

Here are more tips from a great organisation

https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-to...thy-sleep-tips
Old 11-23-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hello friend .i too have experienced a terrible sleep . but fortunately i found some exercices on the net which speaks of meditation .they really helped me find my naturally sleep
Old 11-23-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What kind of reading worked for you SW? Fiction, non-fiction, telephone books? I am desperate to get my sleep back on track, and really appreciate your post.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wow so glad you posted this.. have had bad or strange dreams and they are wrecking my sleep pattern.. and when I lay down out like a light. but have been up and down for nights.. I need a nap right now at 9:58am so bad I could curl up under my desk... wow.. have tried my lavender and candles and warm bath and even had to hit the hay at 6:30 last week. slept until 5:30am.. but got up with shoulders sore and legs so tired... you know what SW.. I think its all the news and stuff.. my hubby is in such a tizzy about everything. Doc gave him some med for sleep.. it helps him a bit. but he has such a head ache when he is waking up... need to just have the world stop all this crazy stuff and it will help... sorry had to shut my eyes for a bit.. prayers and a soft howl from the far north.. ardy
Old 11-24-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

90% of the material I read is recovery or spirituality based

I have a excellent sleep routine now I'm hardly up late & its down to sleep hygeine

turning off big lights keep a nightlight for reading I switch off the tv (I don't really watch tv anyway it's either doom & gloom or repeats) & I try to be up & about before 7am

Strange dreams can & do wake me up from time to time I just try to go back to sleep if its particularly bad il have a glass of milk or water then go back to bed

I log out of SR before 10pm most nights and I listen to stuff to help me sleep

I also meditate 2-3 times a day

Wishing you all a peaceful night sleep tonight
Old 01-11-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Seems obvious, but don't overlook caffeine. Even a little messes me up now, despite drinking it all my life.. If I have more than 3 cups, or any after 12pm, I have problems - restless sleep, have to get up multiple times at night, etc. And of course what does one do after a poor night's sleep? Drink more coffee of course.. so it becomes a vicious cycle.

I should probably quit altogether, but as with drinking I'll probably ride it as long as I can, lol. Once an addict always an addict. I'm tapering back, and it's already made a big difference. Hopefully I can get down to two cups per day.