Notices

Hello

Old 10-20-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi everyone, I'm on my third day one in the last 4 weeks. I'm good through the week until Thursday comes and then the wine starts flowing again. I feel a little more confident this time and decided to join this group. I am beginning to realize I just can't go it along. I look forward to reading your posts on here and sharing our success stories.

I'm tired of waking up Monday morning exhausted and sick. Praying I can make it through the day of work so I can go home and sleep. I'm tired of starting my Saturday's at noon hungover only to drink more and more. I'm just tired of it.

Sean
Old 10-20-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Sean, pretty common pattern. Did it myself for a few years. Break the cycle, its hard at first, but gets better. Then it becomes normal. You don't need to go to work Monday feeling like crap ever again if you make the right choices. I wish you the best.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wa the same.. Couldnt wait for friday so that I had no responsibilities and could have booze as much as I wanted on the weekends.. Most of the time I had to call in sick in a Monday as was way too hangover to face work.. This was going on for several years. Eniugh was enough, i was killing myself. I had no life, my life and best friend and enemy was the bottle.. My whole life evolved around booze.. Any appointments had to be done in the morning as I knew I would be too drunk in the afternoon.. I drank before sunrise on the weekends and with a few naps in between Instarted again as soon as I woke up.. I easily drank at least 20 bottles of wine during a week. I put on weight. I was always a guy who cared for my appereance.. That was sliding so got down about that.. So a drink would me feel better about myself.. A vicious cycle.
I am 16 days sober today. I feel mentally good and I have replaced my drinking with fitness and changed my diet. During this time I have lost 12lbs. This now motivates me to keep going.. You can do this! I take it day by day slowly, slowly
Old 10-20-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome sean

I found posting here really helped me break that long weekend cycle.
It's much harder to rationalise it away when you see the problem written out in the black and white in so many stories here.

D
Old 10-20-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome Seanp

I think it's time to alter your plans for Thursday.
What can you do differently to take your mind away from the wine?

I'm sure there's plenty of other options.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seanp77 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm on my third day one in the last 4 weeks. I'm good through the week until Thursday comes and then the wine starts flowing again. I feel a little more confident this time and decided to join this group. I am beginning to realize I just can't go it along. I look forward to reading your posts on here and sharing our success stories.

I'm tired of waking up Monday morning exhausted and sick. Praying I can make it through the day of work so I can go home and sleep. I'm tired of starting my Saturday's at noon hungover only to drink more and more. I'm just tired of it.

Sean
Welcome Sean. I'm on day 10 and this forum is a real oasis for recovery- Particularly if you are not ways surrounded by support. Sobriety is something you just have to want. The stories from people like us are all the same with varying details and variables. The bottom line is we are great at thinking we can drink normally. But it always gets out of hand and never works like we think it will. It'll always get worse. Like an old recovering alcoholic told me- if you aren't ready to quit drinking, stay out there and let it kick your ass around some more, then come back. A couple of weeks ago, I was ready to come back to a sober life and it has not been without difficulties, but it is like rowing a boy through rough seas- when you finally arrive at that safe harbor- sobriety, it is a wonderful place
Old 10-20-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi LBrain, I'm going to take my daughter to her basketball practice instead of my ex. I've missed enough of her practices for the drink. I already told her I'm taking her.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you, Sean. You're in good company.

I did the same thing for many years. I had all the warning signs of alcoholism, but failed to acknowledge them. I'm so glad you're taking a hard look at what drinking is doing to your life. I tried to control the amounts I drank & ended up drinking every day before I crashed & burned. This never has to happen to you. You can do this, Sean.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm done staying out there in the drink. It's time to row!
Old 10-21-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really nice to meet you SeanP
Old 10-21-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi sean! Great choice. Hope see you around the forum. Lots to learn.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Take a sweet drink along to practice. A cherry coke or something along that line.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Sean!!