Hello!

Old 10-20-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello!

Hi all!
I logged in today and saw a notice that I had not posted in a while and how was I doing???

Well I haven’t posted in a while because I guess there is not much to say. I mean, there is always something to say but for me and my family, at the moment, we are in a better place. We have been in a better place when I finally let go of my past and my grudges and started to live MY life.

Exciting things will be coming soon, as my oldest is going to her first homecoming dance with a very nice young man. We have met him and his mom; he is very respectful and has the biggest crush on our daughter. My husband has had two conversations with him, just to be sure he knows the “rules”, and we have also spoken to our daughter. She is way too young to date (14 years) but they want to label themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend. Gives me stomach cramps to hear that! We have lots of eyes watching these two!

My youngest is flourishing in 4th grade. She is full of life and energy!
There is so much more to say but it really has nothing to do with “issues”.

I hope you are all doing well and want you to know that I visit the site often, just don’t post much at the moment. The best part of all is knowing that if and when I do need to vent or post my pain you are all here to listen. And for that I am truly grateful!!

grouphug:
Old 10-20-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice to hear good things. Sometimes we only 'talk' when things are really bad. At least here on SR that's the case. "IRL" I think we only talk when things are good - lol. But that's the roller coaster of alcoholism I guess
Old 10-20-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It is so good to hear from you, knowthetriggers.

I'm glad that your kids are doing well.

I know what you mean about the dating.......I am shocked by how early many of the kids start dating these days! I'm all for chaperones and very strict boundaries......

dandylion