Notices

Day 2

Old 10-20-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Well I made it to day 2. Had strange and frustrating dreams last night but slept a little better. Still feel shaky and I'm either hot or cold off and on. I'm still feeling excited and motivated. I'm not depressed but feel like I'm on the verge of tears for some reason.

On a positive note I went out for dinner with my wife and told her. Not the best timing as we both got supper emotional right there in the middle of everything. People were looking at us and probably thought we were fighting but I didn't care. We watched a movie at home together for the first time last night in... well longer then I can remember.

Thanks for listening I know many of you see this sort of post often and I'm trying to not make it all about me. I want to encourage others and not just leach sympathy. Just feel I had to talk a little this morning to clear my head a bit.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on day 2 Cholula! The weird dreams and erratic sleep are quite common in early sobriety, they will both improve over time. The emotional ups and downs are also very common - remember that your brain has been chemically sedated by alcohol for quite some time, it needs to re-establish a new baseline and things will feel a bit "raw" for a while.

Glad to hear you and your wife had made some positive progress and enjoyed some time together...I could never have gotten sober without the support of my wife.

Post as often as you like...writing out your feelings is an integral part of the process, and it is encouraged!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Sounds like a good day 2, my wife was a big help in my recovery and it seems yours will be as well. What are your plans for the next few days?
Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Scott.

Off topic... You a guitar player? I'm a luthier and string tech for the past 25 years.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
Sounds like a good day 2, my wife was a big help in my recovery and it seems yours will be as well. What are your plans for the next few days?

I'm still working every day and don't have any real plans. I have a full house with a wife and 5 kids so I stay busy no matter what.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 2 is fantastic Cholula!! Keep it going!!
Old 10-20-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 10-20-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 2 - mid day update:
Any one else get annoyed by little things at this point? Trying not to interact with people too much. Don't want to snap on some one for no reason.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Cholula View Post
Thanks Scott.

Off topic... You a guitar player? I'm a luthier and string tech for the past 25 years.
Well, I own some guitars and allegedly "play" them, although not all that well. It's one of the things I've tried to bring back into my life since getting sober though. Gibson Les Paul's are my guitar of choice too, hence the avatar.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes Cholula. I was very snappy for a while and either told people the situation or avoided them. I'm on day 17 and it does get better very fast in that regard. I also feel that some times it's all about me. But you know what ? I think it's sort of allowed to be at this stage. Helping others will come in time. Do what you need to do to recover. Post away ! Anyway good to meet you. Sending you love and strength.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevepearce View Post
Yes Cholula. I was very snappy for a while and either told people the situation or avoided them. I'm on day 17 and it does get better very fast in that regard. I also feel that some times it's all about me. But you know what ? I think it's sort of allowed to be at this stage. Helping others will come in time. Don't worry about over posting or anything else. Do what you need to do to recover. Post away ! Anyway good to meet you. Sending you love and strength.
Thanks man. At least the shakes are starting to get better.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job on day 2 Cholula. Mood swings are part of the game early on. Trust me, it does get much better and easier.

Hang in there, you're doing great.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!
Old 10-20-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cholula - it's supposed to be all about you getting help - you're certainly not leaching sympathy.

Great job on your 2 days sober. It definitely gets better and easier. I was a miserable, anxious wreck the first few days. Everything changed, and I rose up out of the fog. You can do it.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's nothing wrong with sharing a triumph Cholula

Congrats on day 2 - the irritability will pass - try focusing on the good things in your life - it really works

D
Old 10-20-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wonderful job on your day two triumph. Try your best to focus on taking care of YOU and that might make you feel a bit selfish but your mental and physical health deserve it. I'm on day 14 today and am no longer feeling snappy but definitely was on edge for the first week. I avoided a lot of situations (and people) and got as much rest as possible.

You might want to try and find an outlet for yourself like reading, exercise, or a hobby that you enjoy or never got around to because you were too busy drinking.

Anyway, post as often as you like because we have all been in your shoes and many far ahead of us here to help.