Notices

anotherhorriblewastedweekend

Old 10-19-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anotherhorriblewastedweekend

wasted away my weekend again. so sick of this life i live. i do nothing, wasting my life away with wrong friends and should probably leave my boyfriend who can drink morning til night. sick of being sick. i want to be sober but i will be alone in my new sober life as my only friends and family are big drinkers. i guess better to be alone than sick and killing my soul wasting my weekends away.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like alcohol is doing you no favours Back2thegoodME, only causing misery, but it doesn't have to be like that, you can draw a line under alcohol and say no more, write a new happier future chapter to your life.

For me when I had to make that same decision, I figured what have I got to loose? it couldn't be any worse than throwing up, feeling like death and full of regret on another Monday morning, life couldn't continue on like that, and so why not try it out for 6 months or even a year and reassess things then, what really is there to loose by giving it a try??

You can do this!!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you got a plan ?
Old 10-19-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Yeah, a plan is going to be really important. And unfortunately, part of that plan is most likely going be giving up your friends and possibly boy friend if they're drinking all the time. It's going to be almost impossible to stay sober around all that.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You said it - it's better to be alone than to be with your friends and family on a roller coaster ride to rock bottom. And of COURSE it's better to be alone. Would you rather be alone in a room...or in a room with a tiger? Alone! This is the same type of situation. Distance yourself from the party scene and come up with a plan, and do it in a safe place if you can. We are here to support you, welcome.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can get sober for good. It's worth the effort.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have a few days now to make an absolutely foolproof plan for the weekend. Do you have any ideas on what you might do back2?

D
Old 10-19-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi back2
I quit drinking 3 months ago.

It is really lonely. I also stopped seeing all my friends. I stay around here at SR because many here are handling the same things. And they can relate so it feels less lonely.
Glad you are here with us
Old 10-19-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
For me when I had to make that same decision, I figured what have I got to loose? it couldn't be any worse than throwing up, feeling like death and full of regret on another Monday morning, life couldn't continue on like that, and so why not try it out for 6 months or even a year and reassess things then, what really is there to loose by giving it a try??

You can do this!!
^^^^This. Give it whirl, it can'at be any worse than what you are experiencing now. I recommend it.