Notices

Day 3

Old 10-19-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hey all. I am on day 3 and feeling like hell. I had no idea my drinking was so bad that I would feel hungover 3 days out. I always compared myself to other alcoholics I have known and tried to reason that my 3-5 drinks everyday(at least 8 when at any social event) was less than what they drank. In all reality, I couldn't go a day without drinking. I had to make up excuses to go to the store just to buy alcohol. I had to have several drinks before heading out to a friends house. I worried that my daughter's teacher would smell alcohol on my breath because I needed a beer some mornings to get over my hangover from the previous night. Sorry for the run-on paragraph of rambling but I just wanted to remind myself of why I am here. It feels great to have a group that I can be honest about myself with.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

This is why I waited until day 3 till I started counting (more my sister saying i still had alcohol in your system)

I felt the exact same way your doing really amazing & credit to you
Old 10-19-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep reminding yourself! I know I have to! Awesome job on day3
Old 10-19-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 3 Overthis!! Keep it going, you can do this!!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overthis View Post
Hey all. I am on day 3 and feeling like hell. I had no idea my drinking was so bad that I would feel hungover 3 days out. I always compared myself to other alcoholics I have known and tried to reason that my 3-5 drinks everyday(at least 8 when at any social event) was less than what they drank. In all reality, I couldn't go a day without drinking. I had to make up excuses to go to the store just to buy alcohol. I had to have several drinks before heading out to a friends house. I worried that my daughter's teacher would smell alcohol on my breath because I needed a beer some mornings to get over my hangover from the previous night. Sorry for the run-on paragraph of rambling but I just wanted to remind myself of why I am here. It feels great to have a group that I can be honest about myself with.
This is (was) me. I'm on day nine off the booze and I feel so much better. What held me back from saying enough is enough was that I was always comparing myself to the worst addict I could point to. Since I hadn't lost everything and was still able to get up and go to by good job- how dare anyone say I had a problem. Never mind that I couldn't go a day without it and was hiding liquor in the garage, making up reasons to "run to the store" if I found myself out. Etc.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work. I'm on day one and woohoo the sweats are flowing like a river. It can only get better right!? I just keep pretending I'm in a survival situation and know I'll make it out alive. Bear Grills got nothin' on us!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 3 is rough - but things should begin to ease up soon, overthis. Thankfully once the worst of it is behind you, you never have to feel this miserable again. Cholula is right - it can only get better, and it will. Proud of you.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I feel anxious to be further along in my sobriety than this. I want the loud voice inside my head trying to convince me that I can have just one drink to go away! Then I get depressed thinking that the voice may never go away. I know I need to make a plan this time around but still feel too exhausted and overwhelmed to think about it.