Notices

I'm back.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back.

Hey everyone. Wow, I decided today is the day that I am done with alcohol for good. I tried to quit back in 2011 and that is when I first found this group . I went back and read all of my old posts and feel disappointed that I couldn't stay sober. Today has to be the day. I have read through everyone's recent posts and I am feeling grateful for this group!
Old 10-17-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey welcome back...We are here for you, you know that. Good luck to you and stay strong (hug)!
Old 10-17-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Welcome back, so what happened that made you decide to start drinking again?
Old 10-17-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Welcome, and congratulations on Day 1! We are happy to have you join us!
Old 10-17-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
Welcome back, so what happened that made you decide to start drinking again?
Thanks. I was sober a couple of months and then became pregnant. It was easy for me not to drink during the pregnancy because I didn't want to harm the baby. However, I craved alcohol the entire pregnancy and convinced myself that I could just be a casual drinker after I had my son. I had a bottle of wine brought up to the hospital after delivery and the struggle started all over again.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by overthis View Post

Thanks. I was sober a couple of months and then became pregnant. It was easy for me not to drink during the pregnancy because I didn't want to harm the baby. However, I craved alcohol the entire pregnancy and convinced myself that I could just be a casual drinker after I had my son. I had a bottle of wine brought up to the hospital after delivery and the struggle started all over again.
I am glad you were able to stay sober while pregnant, what was triggering all of your cravings? I have just over 9 months sober now and while it was hard at times I am a guy and did not have a baby to think about. I would say my craving have gone down significantly though by changing behaviors and environmental surroundings.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back overthis! Glad you've made the decision to finally quit for good. Accepting our addiction for what it really is is a big step. Hope we can help you formulate a plan!
Old 10-17-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome back overthis. I know that feeling of thinking you can drink moderately. I've been there too. Hopefully you learned from that, we really can't do that can we? Took me a long time to get at peace with that. Hope you can get there sooner than I did.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for the nice welcome, everyone. I am so hungover today that I had to use a sick day. I can't even enjoy my day off and the nice weather with my kids and husband because of my terrible headache. I will not miss this. Life is so beautiful and I want to enjoy it with a clear mind. Here is to the last hangover, ever.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 10-17-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for the nice welcome, everyone. I am so hungover today that I had to use a sick day. I can't even enjoy my day off and the nice weather with my kids and husband because of my terrible headache. I will not miss this. Life is so beautiful and I want to enjoy it with a clear mind. Here is to the last hangover, ever.
Hi really really hope that is true. You will thank yourself in the end.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you for coming back and making a committment to sobriety. Have you removed all of the alcohol and wine related stuff from your home? Doing this helped me tremendously. I'm only on Day 11 and also struggled with wine for many years.

You don't ever have to take a sick day again for a hangover. The choice is yours. You can do it.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Overthis

D
Old 10-18-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome back Overthis!!