Notices

A Saturday morning without a headache and rolling guts.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Saturday morning without a headache and rolling guts.

Pretty nice waking up on a Saturday morning actually before everyone else without a pounding headache and a weak stomach. What a blessing. Nice trying to decide what I want for breakfast and it not being limited to a little toast and room temp water.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Same here! I got up at 6 this morning and I'm gonna let it warm up a bit outside and then go for a morning jog (something I haven't done in YEARS. Then make myself a healthy breakfast vs my usual (lots of coffee and cigarettes). Cheers to a new and healthy lifestyle.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great Kids have a lovely sober Saturday
Old 10-17-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I have to agree with soberwolf, you're doing a really good job. Keep asking the questions you have been here.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is awesome! I had one of those off and on nights of sleep....kept wanting to get up to enjoy the early morning and coffee!
Old 10-17-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nothing better than waking up early and fixin' breakfast for the family on this crisp Fall morning. Keep at it! Off to the gym now.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

It's wonderful, isn't it? So nice to be able to enjoy a cup of coffee without nausea and shaking hands. And not having to down a gallon of water after getting out of bed!

Enjoy your sober Saturday and a good breakfast!
Old 10-17-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Agreed, indeed! Happy sober Saturday to ya!
Old 10-17-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice job, Kids! We made it to Day 7. Unfortunately I woke up with a head cold this morning and not feeling so chipper. But you know, it is NOTHING compared to a hangover, so I will be fine. Have a GREAT sober Saturday!!!
Old 10-17-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Day 7. This will be the first Saturday off the booze (I drank last Saturday after six days off). Today is a big milestone: college football game day, a new record number of days will be set, etc. got a busy day planned. I cleared my first hurtle by going to the store and buying snacks and drinks (no alcohol). Drove right past the liquor store. I'm sure the boys running the liquor store must think I've died- LOL.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KidsEverywhere View Post
Pretty nice waking up on a Saturday morning actually before everyone else without a pounding headache and a weak stomach. What a blessing. Nice trying to decide what I want for breakfast and it not being limited to a little toast and room temp water.
Yes, I think I can get used to this,.....you?

I feel I have more time too....
Old 10-17-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have a headache, but I suspect it's from withdrawals on day four. Keep on truckin!
Old 10-17-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnowDawg View Post
I have a headache, but I suspect it's from withdrawals on day four. Keep on truckin!
Keep it up. I think confidence improves as i feel better and as the sober days click off.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Nice job, Kids! We made it to Day 7. Unfortunately I woke up with a head cold this morning and not feeling so chipper. But you know, it is NOTHING compared to a hangover, so I will be fine. Have a GREAT sober Saturday!!!
I agree! I'm struggling with a cold also but thought the same thing. Nothing compared to a hangover.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great job, Kids! Try and remember how you feel this morning and enjoy it each day. You can do it.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats! Its a week for me too. Funny that everything this saturday started off the same as last. Woke early, went to my kids swim meet, made lunch, ran errands etc. Then last saturday my kids went out for the evening and i think i've figured out that triggered my binge. This saturday i am still trying to shake the regret and shame but i feel i have learned so much about my behaviours and triggers that i am in a vastly different place. Working every day to make the change permanent. And yes, very much appreciating how much time there is in a weekend when half of it isn't spent nursing a horrendous hangover. Have a lovely sober weekend all!
Old 10-17-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Its funny you mention that. I dragged myself out of bed and after I got going I thought to myself "I should not be feeling this good". But I didn't question it. I just kept going.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Its funny you mention that. I dragged myself out of bed and after I got going I thought to myself "I should not be feeling this good". But I didn't question it. I just kept going.
I just re-read this. Don't misconstrue what I said is because I was drinking last night. Its just that for a long time, Saturday mornings would be a little rough. They aren't anymore.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I actually feel like **** right now.

But I know the symptoms having nothing to do with alcohol and am actually grateful to be just 'regular sick'.

I don't even mind dwelling on the fact that I made myself feel like this for over thirty years.

You are doing great by the sound of things !
Old 10-18-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!