Notices

Long lost memories

Old 10-16-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long lost memories

So I'm going on 1 month and 1 week sober. Lately I've been having random things trigger memories of all sorts of things I completely forgot. The type of memories that when you remember them you aren't 100% sure if it's S real memory or a dream you had. I was just watching a movie and a girls haircut struck me as familar. After about a minute it all clicked. It was a girl I dated for a very short time in college, like only a few weeks, but all the emotions just rushed back, like down to the details of how her eyes looked and hair felt. Also how, bad I felt because I just blew her off and she was such a nice girl. Until just a few minutes ago I completely and utterly had forgotten all of that or even that I had a little fling with her. That was a very strange and intense memory flashback. Anyone else experience that once the brain starts to function again during sobriety?
Old 10-16-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, I had moments like that, too.

We weren't very kind to our brains. I think when they start being allowed to function without the haze of alcohol, things start kicking in again.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As I couldn't stop thinking about this I was trying over and over to remember why I blew her off. Then it hit me, I blew her off because I was at a party with her one night and she got completely wasted. Like what you think of when you envision the stereotypical wasted teenage girl. It was extremely embarrassing and really turned me off. How sad and ironic that I'm on a recovery forum because of alcohol addiction posting about this. Also curious how my brain decided to recall that particular memory considering it's relation to alcohol.