Notices

I'm sick if it

Old 10-15-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm sick if it

Am i drinking more cos I know this has to end? I've had a blood test today. ... asked them to check my liver. I don't get it.... I don't drink every day u couldn't. . I only ever drink on a night... So his is it such a big problem for me
Old 10-15-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Because were alcoholic EnoughisEnough keep reading in newcomers know your not alone you CAN get sober whenever you want but your going to need some help & acceptance knowing what happens when we drink so we don't keep going round in circles
Old 10-15-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not sure I understand.

I'm going to hit a brick wall. So instead of applying the breaks I hit the gas?
Old 10-15-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

If solving the problem of alcoholism could be done by understanding alcoholism, it would only be an issue for the ill informed, the simpletons, and those who didn't have access to education on the subject. The reality is that tens of thousands of "smart" people are alcoholic and many of them know lots of information about alcoholism.

If you're like me you've had fairly good success throughout your life using your intellect to solve your problems. The thought of not being able to think my way out of my alcoholic issues was not something I was able to understand let alone accept. So, because I wouldn't accept it, I went at fixing my life with many of the same techniques I'd used in the past. I studied up on my condition, sought out lots of "support" from anyone who would give it to me regardless of whether it actually helped or not, and I began to plot a course out of the things I believed were causing me so much pain. The end result was more of the same pain I'd been trying to avoid. Not much changed.

The beauty of that boxed-in feeling I was becoming more and more acquainted with was that I eventually began to be, how's it go? "beaten into a position of reasonableness." I began to become willing to do things I hadn't been willing to do up to that point. I began to start doing things I'd been told would work but hadn't done because they seemed silly, too extreme for a case like mine, not enough for a case like mine, and/or just plain old useless.

I hit up AA but only "went to meetings and tried not to drink." When that didn't do much, I began to work the program of recovery but only did the stuff that made sense. When that didn't work, I started to do a little more in and around AA and started to work the steps I had skipped before. Eventually, the pain was so bad not drinking I knew I'd come to a crossroads. Either it was get better FOR REAL or I'd end up back inthe bottle. Luckily, thankfully, maybe by divine intervention..... I took the recovery path and most of the "issues" in my life that had kicked my a$$ for decades started to just fade away. Not everything became perfect, don't misunderstand me, but my life .....as a whole.... made a 180.

You'll do what you're going to do......just as I did, I know that. I'm not going to tell you what you have to do but I'm more than happy to share what I did. You're free to choose what you will. I'll caution you on one thing though - IF you're a real alcoholic (which has nothing to do with how much you drank when you drank, how often you drank or what happened to you as the result of your drinking - i.e. dui's, divorce, lost jobs, etc - about all the understanding you need is to know YAY or NAY..... are you an alcoholic or not. Once you know that, it'll be quite easy to take the next steps.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by enoughsenough View Post
Am i drinking more cos I know this has to end?
I never drank because of what I knew. I always drank because of how I felt, and I allowed my feelings to override my knowledge.

I searched for a very long time for a logical basis to my drinking. In the end I concluded that I drank because I felt like being drunk. There was no finer point to it. The addiction is an end unto itself.

Best of Luck on Your Journey.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dakotaboyd

If it were not a problem would you be seeking help here?
Only you know the answers as to whether your life is manageable while you drink or not. If you think its manageable, perhaps not but watch you don't lie to yourself so you can continue what you know to be unacceptable. I am very good at doing that. Telling myself I can swim while my lungs are filling with water. haha
(this is my opinion only so listen to others to get a broader picture) Goodluck
Old 10-16-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your name --- enoughsenough

Your action ----- seeking advice in a recovery community

Your words --- I know this has to end

You have given yourself all your own answers right there! The rest is simply your addicted brain trying to dissuade you from living a happy, abundant, grateful life in sobriety.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I'm not sure I understand.

I'm going to hit a brick wall. So instead of applying the breaks I hit the gas?
Plenty do, unfortunately.

Enoughsenough, if you're here, and if it worries you which it sounds like it does, then I'm guessing that yes, it is a big problem. I'm here for you if you need me to be
Old 10-16-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wanted to hit rock bottom so the insanity would end. I hope it worked 'cause I can't imagine getting any lower.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Enough, if your drinking is affecting your life in a way you don't want it to, then you probably need to make a change.

You can break this cycle. I can only speak for myself, but I drank because I was addicted. I was addicted for 21 years and throughout those 21 years my drinking got progressively worse. I have no doubt that if I wouldn't have stopped it would have put me in my grave, sooner or later. You never know when you will run out of tomorrows.

You are strong enough to help yourself... but you've got to want to quit first. The decision is yours. For me, quitting was the best decision I have ever made.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If alcohol is causing problems or worries in your life, it's time to take some action and make a few changes!!

You can draw a line under alcohol and write a happier chapter to your life!!
Old 10-16-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to stop drinking enoughisenough - there's nothing good down the drinking road you're on.

What about thinking what you could do differently this weekend that might keep you sober?

D