Notices

A First!

Old 10-15-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A First!

So, I had already had one phone call from wretched DIL- berating me for not showing her my granddaughter's fundraiser, & for not including her in ordering her school pictures- both things she had access to from the school- if she so desired. I handled this call with dignity. Then, I am in Walmart- phone rings- it is DIL's #- so, I answer. It is my granddaughter- & I could tell she was crying- sobbing. I have been picking her up from school on Thursday & Friday ever since this school year started, & then we had her all weekend- with my son getting her on Saturday & Sunday. Well, her mother decided (for who knows what reason ) to change things up this week, & not allow me to pick her up- she needed to "spend more time with her". Well, my precious granddaughter did not take this very well- that is what she was crying about. She is nearly 7- just broke my heart!! The good thing is- I was in Walmart- could have bought something to drink- they have my drink of choice- wine-- but did not! The Rational Recovery book has surely changed my life! Still sober- & loving it! Thanks for listening!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your granddaughter labyboo.
I'm glad you're sober tho

D
Old 10-15-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
quat

Sorry to hear you are having a "day", great job ignoring the AV.
Such a selfish slime weasel, it tries to use the unfortunate situation and pain of others as good a "reason " as any to get a buzz going. Starve that slime weasel out, you got this!
Old 10-16-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, y'all! I am very happy to be able to deal with this mess in a sober, rational manner. Drinking always made my reactions so labile & emotional- def not rational! I am so very sad that my granddaughter is stuck in the middle of this drama- she is just nearly 7 (birthday is next week)- & so very tender-hearted. My hubby is playing mediator right this minute- talking to her mother. Praying for a good outcome! Her sobbing broke both our hearts!
Old 10-16-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done ladyboo! Sorry the day was so stressful but great job on shutting down that nasty AV. Rational Recovery was a huge tool for me in fully understanding AVRT and putting it to work. Sounds like it has been for you as well. Keep up the great work!
Old 10-16-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Well done, ladyboo! I think it is so unfortunate when the little ones get used as tools by small minded and insecure people. I am sure your relationship with your precious granddaughter will survive this temporary obstacle.

Congratulations to you on separating this issue from alcohol. For me, I know my drinking became tangled in most aspects of my life and my AV relied on that. It used any event to tell me I needed a drink. Heck, I deserved a drink. Becoming mindful of those drinking thoughts and their source let me make that commitment to forever sobriety through the use of AVRT.

I think this will work itself out, and meanwhile, you are sober. Onward!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well...update....the wicked DIL is basically holding the granddaughter hostage. We are all having thoughts of throttling her- or worse! I hate that she is doing this to an innocent, precious little child- that she claims to love. What a wretched piece of work! I am very grateful that I am keeping the Beast at bay! Thanks for y'alls support & well wishes!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Originally Posted by ladyboo View Post
well...update....the wicked DIL is basically holding the granddaughter hostage. We are all having thoughts of throttling her- or worse! I hate that she is doing this to an innocent, precious little child- that she claims to love. What a wretched piece of work! I am very grateful that I am keeping the Beast at bay! Thanks for y'alls support & well wishes!
Good job keeping that beast at bay. Don't give in to it.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope a resolution can be found ladyboo - that sounds terrible for the little girl.

D
Old 10-18-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

well, she at least brought our granddaughter to us yesterday- & let her spend the night at our house- i had to work, but she was here with Grandpa! it was so good to see her- she was kind of in a funk at first ( from being around her mother)- but snapped out of it very quickly. we got to spend some quality time together, which was a true blessing! putting a smile on her face & giving her lots of hugs was soothing to my soul!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

That mother needs to know that consistent routines are so very important to children!

Keep being a fabulous grandma!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sugarbear- her mother is only thinking of herself- but, my hubby can talk to her- she's very hard to reason with- she is also at times under the influence of something- we just don't know what- pills of some sort prob at this time....at least we got to have our precious granddaughter this weekend- she was so happy to be here! we will continue to take it as it comes, & deal with it....I am very grateful to be sober for all of this! that helps tremendously- & I have had no desires to be otherwise! yay for that!