Notices

Day 8 and triggers

Old 10-14-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 and triggers

I made it through a full week and am wrapping up day 8. That's the really good news! However, I'm noticing triggers everywhere. My life is hectic and busy filled with business dealings, being a mom and wife, and having all of the bread winning responsibilities. The pressure is enormous at times. I am feeling triggers in both my personal and professional worlds. The two cross all day long, which is a challenge in itself. It's nearly impossible to try and be a business owner and a mom and wife at the same time... as in address my child's needs while trying to conduct a webinar or conference call. I feel like a pressure cooker. And I heard a voice in my head all day long saying "Well no wonder you drank so damn much, this is craziness!" Ugh

I'm NOT going to drink, but I'm learning in my new sober life WHY I was drinking so much. It was because I let my life become a pressure cooker and I need to change that since that is a main source of my stress, which I then medicated with alcohol.

At least I feel like I'm learning more about myself and I will say that my head has never been so clear as it has in this last week. If I could remove some of the distractions I bet I could out perform myself in my work.

Oh, and I LOVE not having any hangover in the morning. It's the best feeling ever.

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you have any other strategies for dealing with stress DaisyBee?

D
Old 10-14-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there. Congratulations on day 8. Day 8 is great! Keep saying that to yourself because it is true.

I'm a mom of two, 10 and 7, my husband is struggling to remain sober and periodically goes out which is a trigger for me. I also work full time and up until March, my income far surpassed my husband's so I was the main breadwinner. On top of that, I do almost all of the cooking and cleaning and carting kids around and laundry. I understand how hectic it all can be and quite frankly, overwhelming.

However, I also found that my life was far more hectic when I had to face all of that with wretched hangovers. Sick ill useless anxiety ridden misery. That complicated everything.

Once you get some time under your belt you will find that it all becomes easier to deal with. You may need to scale back in some spots but it absolutely can be done. I'm doing it and I never thought I could.

Well done on 8 days. It's great that you posted. Keep coming back.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Do you have any other strategies for dealing with stress DaisyBee?

D
Yes, I have my treadmill, which is a great way to trigger some good hormones and breath deeply. Also, I am spending as much time as possible on this forum. It helps me stay focused.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Hi there. Congratulations on day 8. Day 8 is great! Keep saying that to yourself because it is true.

I'm a mom of two, 10 and 7, my husband is struggling to remain sober and periodically goes out which is a trigger for me. I also work full time and up until March, my income far surpassed my husband's so I was the main breadwinner. On top of that, I do almost all of the cooking and cleaning and carting kids around and laundry. I understand how hectic it all can be and quite frankly, overwhelming.

However, I also found that my life was far more hectic when I had to face all of that with wretched hangovers. Sick ill useless anxiety ridden misery. That complicated everything.

Once you get some time under your belt you will find that it all becomes easier to deal with. You may need to scale back in some spots but it absolutely can be done. I'm doing it and I never thought I could.

Well done on 8 days. It's great that you posted. Keep coming back.
You are so right that doing all of this WAS much harder with the hangovers and the mistakes I would make because I was drunk. I just loved the escape and that's what I have to replace with something healthy like a hobby or something. I'm working on it. Thank you for the support.