Notices

13 Days Anxiety

Old 10-12-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

13 Days Anxiety

Day 13, and I am still in this heavy brain fog, like there is a thick film on my brain. I am obsessing that I finally damaged my liver past repair, or that there is something wrong with my brain. I thought I would feel better by now, and I certainly feel better than day 2, which was truly awful, but every morning I wake up in this fog and it persists until night. I shouldn't google but I have and my anxiety is thru the roof. Just hope this is going to get better !

I went to the doctor this past Wednesday and I am just waiting for the blood tests to come back, I feel like it is impending doom
Old 10-12-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great Thanos I had that brain fog too forgetting things not thinking clearly etc it will get better & try not to worry over the test results I worried too but they came back good
Old 10-12-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Wolf, I appreciate it, I hope you are right. It's comforting to know that others have been through this and came through the other side
Old 10-12-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I experienced significant brain-fog in early recovery; it seems to be very common and the amount of time in which it takes to clear seems to vary widely from person to person.

The good news is that it will go away in time.

13 days is great, thanos. Keep on.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You will be fine. Very normal. No reason to get anxious. Our brains like to give us the worst case scenarios and worry us to death until we grab the bottle or a pill again to ease the mind and make everything okay.

If you are an alcoholic, focus now on treating the alcoholism that made you drink. For me it is that negative feedback loop in my brain that plays out every worst case scenario and convinces me that everything is not alright and all is about to go to heII and a hand basket. That then manifest itself into this feeling of impending doom deep down in the pit of my stomach.

You treat that, anxiety and the NEED to drink will magically disappear or slowly vaporize into thin air.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanos it takes time. For me things got worse over the first month or two and then it was a slow healing process with ups and downs. You'll level out; you just have to be patient.

Anxiety is an awful thing to experience. I hope you are able to relax and that it lessens or goes away soon.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sure you'll be fine. Lots of us drank a lot for a lot of years, and we have come out okay. I hope that will be your reality, too. The liver can repair pretty miraculously. The brain stuff will come around too. Stay away from that first drink, and I'd stay away from Dr. Google, too.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone ! I am going to take a few deep breaths, go for a walk, and come back later. Drinking a lot of water and it seems to help.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 13 is still early days Thanos!! Keep breathing!!

If like me you drank for years, it's going to take more than a couple of weeks to adjust and for things to level out!!

Hang in there!!
Old 10-12-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's really common to feel like we've gone to far healthwise Thanos. I couldn't
believe that I hadn't destroyed my health completely.

You will feel good again - it just takes a little time to recuperate from years of drinking.

A lot of us get a second chance. Make the most of it

D
Old 10-12-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with the others, Thanos. We've beaten ourselves up rather badly - it takes time to heal & begin to feel alive again. Great work on reaching 13 days sober.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Hevyn, I really appreciate the support. Still feeling the film between my brain and the world this morning, but getting closer to seeing the results so hopefully it's mostly anxiety and brain readjustment causing this. Whatever shall be shall be. It's great to have encouragement from you guys.