Notices

First day

Old 10-11-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day

This is only the first day for me. And I've been here before. Started going to meetings and then just kind of stopped. It's really gotten bad though. Ended up in the hospital with .40 bac. They said I could have died at that level. And my liver was working slowly so the level didn't go down to a legal limit in 12 hours. Scary. I guess writing it makes me see the severity of it more. Just had 2 weeks when I didn't drink at all and I felt great. Now I'm back home and back at it. And today I feel awful. Haven't stopped throwing up all day and now I can't sleep. And now I'm here. Just want to make it stop for good!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, lostgrill! I'm glad you found us here. Alcoholism is depressing and scary but there is hope. You can get off the booze for good and live a better kind of life.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
Welcome to SR, lostgrill! I'm glad you found us here. Alcoholism is depressing and scary but there is hope. You can get off the booze for good and live a better kind of life.

Def trying! This one isn't working out so well 😬 Thanks!
Old 10-12-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Lostgirl. I've been sober for 8 days. Been on this site every day. It is part of the support I need as I'm going to stop drinking. The people are really supportive and are a great help. Do stick around. Sending you strength and love.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Hi,

Day 1 is not the worst because early to mid level alcys don't detox and withdraw that hard.

The days 5 through 30 are hard because of the cravings.

Eat clean, hydrate, rest....repeat....heal...

.4 BAC..will Def. Lower your life force.

The obsession w alcohol is now irreversible.

156 days clean and I have bolts of cravings. They are not insatiable.

I want to be clean more than I want to be a prisoner to booze.

Once the alcohlic pathway is created in our brain... it remains...even after decades of sobriety.

Fight the good fight. Be a proudly sober person.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back lostgirll

If you feel that bad, why not see a Dr?

D
Old 10-12-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey lostgirl,
I hope you are having a second day; alcohol is a body and soul-corroding poison and it will eventually kill you, or certainly make you wish you were dead. This is a wonderful place for support and advice. I've been sober for 4 and a half months and have been here at SR for every day of it. You can beat this and you are not alone.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
Hey lostgirl,
I hope you are having a second day; alcohol is a body and soul-corroding poison and it will eventually kill you, or certainly make you wish you were dead. This is a wonderful place for support and advice. I've been sober for 4 and a half months and have been here at SR for every day of it. You can beat this and you are not alone.
Thanks! And yes on day 2 although I still feel like hell 😁😷 this site is def great though. Glad I'm here. Congrats on your 4 and 1/2 months!
Old 10-12-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back lostgirll

If you feel that bad, why not see a Dr?

D
Thanks! Glad to be back. I'm starting to feel better today. I just never want to feel like this again.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Hi,

Day 1 is not the worst because early to mid level alcys don't detox and withdraw that hard.

The days 5 through 30 are hard because of the cravings.

Eat clean, hydrate, rest....repeat....heal...

.4 BAC..will Def. Lower your life force.

The obsession w alcohol is now irreversible.

156 days clean and I have bolts of cravings. They are not insatiable.

I want to be clean more than I want to be a prisoner to booze.

Once the alcohlic pathway is created in our brain... it remains...even after decades of sobriety.

Fight the good fight. Be a proudly sober person.
Def want to do something I can say I can be proud about. Thank you!
Old 10-12-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome back, lostgirl!
You never have to feel that way again if you don't want to.

I still remember how awful it was and am grateful every morning to wake up sober. One day at a time!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If you are drinking to a .40, you should consider rehab and do you need a medical detox. I am assuming you are a daily drinker if you can drink that much.

Look, shyte is getting really real for you. Time to get help or it may get too late for it.

Checking in a a web forum is fine and all, but consider the fact that you may actually need real help from trained professionals. We are talking about your life. Your life is worth saving. 30 days and a few bucks is nothing compared to the rest of your life.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Roxyblues View Post
If you are drinking to a .40, you should consider rehab and do you need a medical detox. I am assuming you are a daily drinker if you can drink that much.

Look, shyte is getting really real for you. Time to get help or it may get too late for it.

Checking in a a web forum is fine and all, but consider the fact that you may actually need real help from trained professionals. We are talking about your life. Your life is worth saving. 30 days and a few bucks is nothing compared to the rest of your life.
I'm not an everyday drinker. I just drink too much when I drink. I'm going to see a psychologist and aa meetings. Don't want to go away anywhere 😔
Old 10-12-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostgirll View Post
I'm not an everyday drinker. I just drink too much when I drink. I'm going to see a psychologist and aa meetings. Don't want to go away anywhere 😔
Best of luck to you. Understand about not wanting to go anywhere. AA will certainly work 100% of the time for those who have reached the level of desperation and surrender that they are willing to do whatever it takes to not have to drink again.

Rehab is certainly the easier route, but 1 to 2 meetings a day coupled with a sponsor to immediately guide you through the steps and professional help may provide you a fighting chance. Alcoholism is an incredibly powerful disease that is fatal if you are truly an alcoholic. I would say one that can drink to a .40 meets one if the two definitions of an alcoholic provided by the Big Book.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Roxyblues View Post
Best of luck to you. Understand about not wanting to go anywhere. AA will certainly work 100% of the time for those who have reached the level of desperation and surrender that they are willing to do whatever it takes to not have to drink again.

Rehab is certainly the easier route, but 1 to 2 meetings a day coupled with a sponsor to immediately guide you through the steps and professional help may provide you a fighting chance. Alcoholism is an incredibly powerful disease that is fatal if you are truly an alcoholic. I would say one that can drink to a .40 meets one if the two definitions of an alcoholic provided by the Big Book.
Why do you think rehab is better though? What would I do with my pets, pay for it? All that goes along with it? Really just want to know advantages of it?

So sad I've gotten to this place 😔
Old 10-12-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2 Lostgirl. Always remember, you do have the power to quit, we all do. This takes digging deep and making a commitment to yourself to not drink today. It takes a ton of effort and will power, but the outcome is worth every ounce of energy you put in.

You can do it... don't drink today.

Use every recovery resource you can, or feel that will benefit you in your fight to not drink today. For some of us, me included, SR is our only resource. I think it is all in how you use the resource that works for you. In my early days, I was locked onto SR as much as I needed to stay sober each hour. After 21 years of heavy, daily drinking, SR has gotten me through the past 460 days. You can do it too!

Lean on us as much as you need and whenever you need.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccam1973 View Post
Congrats on day 2 Lostgirl. Always remember, you do have the power to quit, we all do. This takes digging deep and making a commitment to yourself to not drink today. It takes a ton of effort and will power, but the outcome is worth every ounce of energy you put in.

You can do it... don't drink today.

Use every recovery resource you can, or feel that will benefit you in your fight to not drink today. For some of us, me included, SR is our only resource. I think it is all in how you use the resource that works for you. In my early days, I was locked onto SR as much as I needed to stay sober each hour. After 21 years of heavy, daily drinking, SR has gotten me through the past 460 days. You can do it too!

Lean on us as much as you need and whenever you need.
That's great! Thanks so much for that. I've been drinking too for 20 years. Damn that's crazy to say. Not always heavily though. It's just been bad the past few years I guess. To the point that fam and friends are really concerned. Doesn't help that I lost my job a few months ago. Too much time on my hands. I really want to make this work though. So thanks for everything you all say. The struggle is real! Lol but if you guys can do it then I think I can too.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Lostgirl good luck at AA and stick close to SR regular reading & posting helps as does a journal I'd unload my feelings in my journal then reflect on them after some time really helps as did group therapy I think it's called outpatients in the us & canada (I'm in England)

I had a mantra from the beginning of my recovery which is 'No matter what I don't drink'
Old 10-12-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome back to SR, lostgirll.

I am sorry to hear of your recent hospitalization experience. The really good new, though, is that you never to experience that again.

Sobriety is absolutely possible for you; pour yourself into a recovery program (whether it be AA, AVRT, SMART) and give it all you've got. You are worth every effort you put into it; sobriety is worth every effort.

When I started my journey, I had no idea what that sober life would look like. It has far exceeded all my expectations; I truly love my sober life.

I believe you will, too.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You can do this Lostgirll!!