Your moment of zen for the day

Old 10-10-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Your moment of zen for the day

Have to share the phone call from the ex tonight...backstory-he promised (his first mistake) the oldest daughter that of course he will be at every soccer practice and game-he wouldn't miss any of them! Cut to today-third missed game, practice missed last week. Mind you the schedule is on the soccer website which is on the internet which I know he has-I also go one step further and post the games on our family wizard. Cut to tonight's call-said daughter has been calling her dad a liar for over a year...in the phone call he apologized for not making the game today-said he was confused about the time so showed up later in the day-said (not exact quote) "it's hard keeping track of all this". My oh my like how on earth do all the other parents make it there?!? One hour a week is hard to keep track of?!? I almost burst out laughing-but was sad for her more than anything. Here's a novel idea, ex: how about telling the truth??? It was an 8am game-hungover? With another girl? Overslept? Just didn't care to make it ? Oh yeah, I forgot-that is an unrealistic expectation with an alcoholic. Thought y'all would identify with this

Gotta love it. Time to snuggle with the kids for a movie night. Peace y'all.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Four,
How amazing for you to realize that. Before it would pxss you off and a fight would start. Then crazy mom would appear. Now we hug our kids and Dad disappoints .... again. The kids know who they can always count on. Yep, that would be the sober parent.

Mine said last night, oh I am sorry, I read your text wrong..... what eva!!!! lie lie!!!

Hugs with your snuggling!!!
Old 10-10-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

^^ yep. Years of crazy mom used to appear. Now I'm just so thankful my kids are safe...and are absolutely loved-with actions, not worthless words. Love is not lying, breaking promises, etc-I think the oldest is very much starting to put things together-stuff with her dad just doesn't add up-total disconnect with words and actions. Oh well-our lives go on! Recovery is a beautiful thing!
Old 10-12-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can relate to this. I get the same response from my ExAH. I just go now with the attitude if he comes he comes if he doesn't then so be it. I cant control his actions and if it upsets the kids then its on him not me. Ill do the best I can on my side of the street.