Notices

Hallucinations With XanaX Withdrawl?

Old 10-07-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hallucinations With XanaX Withdrawl?

I feel like they are after me today and I think I'm having a hallucination or a delusion , not sure which ..

Maybe it's part of benzo withdrawl. Anyone ever had this same problem?
Old 10-07-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
I feel like they are after me today and I think I'm having a hallucination or a delusion , not sure which ..

Maybe it's part of benzo withdrawl. Anyone ever had this same problem?
Oh man it's getting worse isn't it?!?
I don't have experience with drugs other than blow so I don't know what's going on!
I just wanted to stop in your thread so you don't feel alone
Xoxo
Old 10-07-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hallucinations are never good.

Sorry, I've kinda lost track of what point you're at teatreeoil- are you seeing your Dr again soon - they're the ones to ask, I think?

I'd try and see them as soon as you can. No need to suffer.
D
Old 10-08-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The call to your Dr today would be a good time to throw this into the conversation.

You gotta stay safe!!
Old 10-08-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just can't seem to shake this feeling that they are coming after me....I don't know what to do about this...Oh I hope he will call me tommorow..I pretty sure he'll be able to figure it out...wish me luck because these hallucinations are driving me insane! I've got to figure out a way to stop them...
Old 10-08-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

teatree - I think that may be a delusion you are experiencing - can you ring someone who is close to you and ask for help? I think it would be a good idea.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
teatree - I think that may be a delusion you are experiencing - can you ring someone who is close to you and ask for help? I think it would be a good idea.
Good idea! I'll give that a try...
Old 10-08-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have experienced delusion/hallucinations a lot in the past.

The doctor will be able to ask you questions to determine the cause of yours and may prescribe a medication and DO NOT drink while on the medication and the visions should go away, if for some reason they don't go back to the doctor until you get the right treatment.

How long have you been without a drink?
Old 10-08-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can always go to an ER because this sounds very scary for you.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

The closest I've ever come to hallucinating was during alcohol withdrawal I done it alone at home (wish I didnt)

The room dimensions felt like they were shifting like the lenght & width of the room

Can you get to a Dr ?
Old 10-08-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Get a dr.'s help as quickly as you can. You shouldn't have to feel this way (potentially unsafe) if you can get some medical help.

I have been off Xanax and alcohol for 13 months now, (with a GP Dr's help even now) and while I don't think I had true hallucinations, from about month's 1 - 6, I was extremely paranoid, and that was scary as I was never ever paranoid in my life until then. Especially with anyone I had or was havinga conflict with, or just worried about. I also heard a lot of noises that were very disturbingly loud, which didn't help. All of my senses were on overload and that made the paranoia worse.
I tried my best to get into safe surroundings, not only to protect myself from my 'perceived threat', but also to honestly protect myself and the 'perceived threats' from me. Then I would do breathing exercises, and distract my mind and body if possible until it went away or lessened in severity. It was awful to even remember now. When my anxiety kicks in, I can still feel it a little, but calming and rationalizing usually win out.

I'm not sure if this helps you know you're not alone with this xanax withdrawal, but please try to get your dr. to help you, and don't let them off the hook with after a short time of the drug leaving your body, 'all' your other symptoms should clear up quick. I seriously believe my brain and CNS are still recovering, and will be for some time to come. Good luck and please stay safe.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm wondering how you're doing now teatreeoil because I've seen you post elsewhere on a bunch of unrelated stuff today, but you've not come back to this thread.

Did you end up seeing a Dr?

D