Notices

A bad stuff/good stuff 4th day

Old 10-07-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A bad stuff/good stuff 4th day

Today is my 4th day sober. I am feeling pretty good about that and also feeling strong. Today however my mom who is a raging alcoholic (apple- tree) went on a bender and texted really hateful stuff to me all day. I am used to this but normally I would drink the pain of it away. Somebody said to me on here the other day Don't let anything keep you from sobriety and that has really been with me especially today. So when I got home I reached out to someone who I know is in recovery and asked her some advice about AA. She offered to meet me for coffee and go with me to my first meeting! I thought that was so kind of her and makes me so thankful for the all my fellow addicts<3
Old 10-07-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on day 4 Jillybean! Sound like you are making some great choices too when confronted with situations that are difficult, give yourself some credit for that. Regarding your mom and her messages you may need to simply ignore that kind of stuff for a while. Sometimes we need to back away from toxic relationships to save ourselves.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 4 is fantastic Jellybean!!

They're right, don't let anyone or anything take that away, what right has anyone got to take away such an achievement, that YOU made happen!!

From a practical point of view, when my dad, who was an alcoholic used to phone, I created the boundary of not speaking to him if he was drunk, after 1 sentence I'd say I'm hanging up now, we'll talk when you're Sober, it's slightly different with texts, but you don't have to listen to abuse regardless of who it is!!

Keep pushing through!! SR is in your corner!!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

^^^ Purpleknight is right. I don't answer my phone to my dad after midday on any day, because he'll be drunk, and he's an ass when he's drunk.

You're right to be thankful for your fellow addicts. This place, AA, SMART, they're full of amazing people. You're doing really well