Notices

One week ...

Old 10-06-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week ...

Hello,

Well, I finally have seven consecutive days of sobriety. This last withdrawal was the worst ever. I spent all day on the second day googling liver failure, sure I was on my last leg. And I am still obsessing about that. Even today I am so extremely tired and my head is all fuzzy. I am sitting here at work and can't concentrate on what I have to do. I just want to be in bed. I have never been this tired in the daytime, even after huge binges and while hungover.

I made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed. But at seven days, to still be this exhausted and fuzzy, I have so much anxiety !

But I am glad to be done with my last withdrawal, my last drink! I would have posted more in September but I kept failing and binging (basically every single day) ... So I wanted to only post again when I had at least some time. Sucks to fail every time you try, you know? But this time is so different, and I feel like I can finally get this. Just hope it's not too late for my body to heal from all the abuse it's taken
Old 10-06-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on 7 days, Thanos.

Fatigue, lethargy and foggy-brain seem to be common themes in early recovery; sometimes it takes a while for those symptoms to clear. Stay strong; those symptoms, while bothersome, are temporary.

Sobriety is worth the effort, I promise.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's not too late. God job in one week. I know how hard it is. Keep going.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Congrats on 1 week Thanos
Old 10-06-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I appreciate the reassurance ... I have been really emotional since day four, and I feel like I could cry all afternoon if I wasn't at work ... Thank goodness I am in public huh? Definitely some erratic brain rewiring beginning to happen I guess.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 week! I suggest seeing your doctor just to talk over your drinking history, your process so far and to get some blood work as a baseline. Helps put your mind more at ease as well. I was super tired for the first few weeks to the point where I would get home from work and just want to go to bed. It eventually got better and I settled into a more regular pattern. Your body is healing and using energy to do so. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-06-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It takes some time for the body to heal, but the liver is a resilient organ.. give it some rest .. it might take a few weeks or even months tbh.. but the withdrawals go away after a few days or a week , should get better every day depending... well keep it up mate

Grats on 7 days

Dru -
Old 10-06-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Nice job, thanos! Just remember it won't always be like this. Things will get better with time. Hang in there you're doing great!
Old 10-06-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

1 Week is fantastic Thanos!! Keep it going!!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 10-06-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you have a week up Thanos

If you need help with working out a plan to take you forward from here, there's no shortage of willing shoulders to help

D
Old 10-06-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Thanos, do you have some other support other than SR? Family, a good friend maybe? Its hard not having anyone to talk to. And this is coming from a guy (me) who is extremely private.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

way to go!!!

It'll just keep getting better. Stick with it!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great job!!! Congratulations!!
Old 10-06-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

One week is awesome! Congrats!!! Regarding the exhaustion, mine lingered for a couple of weeks. Going to the doctor is a great idea. I'm at 42 days and am doing much better, but still have ups and downs emotionally. It takes a while to get "all better". I must admit though, I feel better physically and emotionally than I have in years. I can't wait to be 100% all the way around.

Congrats again! Keep up the great work!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey, Thanos!
A week is excellent; keep it up and I guarantee that you will feel much better. Our bodies can take a great deal of abuse and bounce back-the liver is particularly resilient. I have over 4 months of sobriety now and I have my interest in cycling and fitness back, and a lot of other wholesome things I had no time for when I was busy ruining my life with drink....