D
Old 10-06-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!!
Old 10-06-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Flipped already!

Well done on shotgun Melina.

Lots of anniversaries: Congratulations to Ruby, Sao and Della. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Got a good nights sleep last night. Mrs B is bringing her father and wife to do touristy/shopping things in town today. They are going to come to our house later for dinner. House is a mess with baby stuff in piles!

Catch ye later folks,

B
Old 10-06-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why oh why am I up?? Dog is a poop head!! We really will be early risers once we set the clocks back.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Up at my usual time and feeling improved. Had a freaky dream last night. I was pregnant with another baby, with my ex-husband. It was a girl and I was going to name her Kate. Okay, I'm 52. My tubes are tied. Where in the heck did THAT come from??
Old 10-06-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Clearly, your Dream morphed from Della's wonderful Anniversary of 9 Months. I was gonna congratulate her yesterday on being 9 Months in vs. - well, you know - 9 months of something else. 52 years old. Tubes Tied. You simply wake up, and you're no longer Pregnant. How kewl is that?

Congrats, too, on Sao and Ruby's achievements.

I think I was mulling over, in my Mental Background, all the abandoned Houses in S. Chicago, and the evaporated Dreams in so many of them.

When the Roof is removed from a Building in Scotland, it is no longer on the Tax Rolls. Not that Churches there are Taxed, but below is one example of this on Islay, off the West Coast of the Mainland.

I spent all day mucking with my Stereo. Intermittent, weird problems and connections that I think I got sorted out. Several large Boxes holding my Studio Monitor Speakers disappeared from the Great Room, here, so Da Wife was happy.

I sat out under the Porch, and enjoyed some crisp Temps as some Sprinkles blew through. The Pooch is well. We're all well.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Well MLD, you are in a sense giving birth to a whole new girl by living in sobriety and it's 10 months for you. That would be about the end of 40 weeks of pregnancy.

Good luck with your continued box purging Mesa. I hope you sort out the stereo dilemma.

Melina it's great that you backed up your photo files and texts. I'd be very sad if my pics suddenly disappeared. I've been debating on actually trading up on phones without actually needing to just to have a better camera. Good luck with phone shopping.

Time to roll on here. Time to get ready.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, Ruby - that might just be it. I hate to think it's my subconscious telling me anything else - like that I actually WANT a baby or to get back together with my ex. Both ideas make me want to shriek and pull my hair out.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh, and when I was younger I hated my name and wanted to be called Kate. And have green eyes. In my dream I somehow knew the baby would have strawberry blond hair and green eyes.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Neat church and glad your dogs ok, Mesa.

And happy to hear you're feeling better Marty! Delirious dreaming is what I call that since you were sick. Dreaming of exes is frightening!

Why'd you have to remind us of setting our clocks back? only part of fall I hate.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
we are getting through the week.
MLD that dream sounds like it shook you up. I agree with the rebirth analysis. It's actually a good dream.
drinking coffee and trying to wake up. Then morning walk and off to work. So far it's a good week. Cravings come and go...crazy since I'll have 20 months tomorrow. It's just the way it is.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Since we've been talking mysteries, bodies in canals. This is appropriate.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mesa, thanks for the picture of the Church. That's cool. I think about houses and dreams. The house that my great grandparents lived in was vacant and on the market not too long ago. It sold in June for $16,000. Sad. The house is over 120 years old. From the Zillow pics, the original kitchen cabinets were still there but the old porcelain sink with drainboard and claw foot tub and radiators were all gone. My living room furniture used to grace that house. I have happy memories of playing there.

Time to focus on work.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon everyone
Old 10-06-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi SW. What's good today?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Never mind. Just realized it's 'spring forward' I hate. Isn't that the one where you lose an hour? Oh well...carry on.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ruby...I've got some of my granny's furniture and some of my great grandmothers stuff too....good warm memories attached to those things.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yeah, Brynn - I was wondering how you could hate gaining an hour.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

One thing for sure, I need about 8 hours of sleep, cause whatever time I go to sleep, I wake up 8 hours later - like 1030 today.

congratulations MLD on the birth of you new... SELF!
9 months Della!

I'll tell you what's weird, the night after my fish dream I had a hunting dream. Not as nutty as the fish dream, very realistic... And then I discover that the 'lectric to my freezer was out a day later. hmmmmm

Melina, I didn't think about it at the time I read your phone post - had to laugh. But when I discovered that all of my frozen meat had UNfrozen I didn't even get mad, throw a fit or anything except deal with the situation in the moment. I check everything - still cold. I grabbed a sample and checked it. In the 'past' that would have been at least a six pack and couple long swigs from my basement bottle in about an hour Oh, I could drink a sixpack in less than hour - too many times. And I kept a jug in the basement AND one in the garage - saved me steps.
I was amazed after the fact that I reacted no differently than if I had dropped a clean spoon on the floor. Now THAT is amazing. I was prepared to dump over 30 lbs of select venison. And just accept it. Of course anything that wasn't vacuum sealed had to be let go, only a couple items.

done my oats... gotta dump water outside today and lot's more.
Spent a 1/2 hour on chords before coffee was made. If I could get into the music practice the way I got into the drinking practice I'd be a virtuoso by now... baby steps. I think Arthur may have something to say about it though. Arthur Itus? The finger (left index) I almost cut off is starting to complain a lot.
Have a great day all.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Melina, I didn't think about it at the time I read your phone post - had to laugh. But when I discovered that all of my frozen meat had UNfrozen I didn't even get mad, throw a fit or anything except deal with the situation in the moment. I check everything - still cold. I grabbed a sample and checked it. In the 'past' that would have been at least a six pack and couple long swigs from my basement bottle in about an hour Oh, I could drink a sixpack in less than hour - too many times. And I kept a jug in the basement AND one in the garage - saved me steps.
I was amazed after the fact that I reacted no differently than if I had dropped a clean spoon on the floor. Now THAT is amazing. I was prepared to dump over 30 lbs of select venison. And just accept it. Of course anything that wasn't vacuum sealed had to be let go, only a couple items.
That is great!! Those are the sober triumphs! We are getting there with every sane (or partially sane) decision and acceptance of life on life's terms!

I'm going to say I'm not a psycho and that I can cross hacking up a cell phone off my bucket list hahaha! I was. Kind of mad at the phone so I had to show it who's boss. Ok clearly I have more issues heehee!

Ruby, you made me think a lot about those houses, too. I haven't googled them yet but are they off 290? I haven't seen them. Like Mesa said, the evaporated dreams and all.

After my grandma passed, I was given my grandparent's bedroom furniture that I always loved as a little girl. I couldn't fit in a sober weekend to go pick it up five hours away so I justified having someone donate it. I made my sister go into detail about the damage to it so I wouldn't feel bad.

Ok time to go buy a new phone. I've always been an android chick, I think I'm going to do the iPhone thing so I can finally get coherent group texts from my family.

You guys are great, keep smiling!