The Language of Letting Go, October 4

Old 10-04-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, October 4

OCTOBER 4

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Faith and Money

Sometimes, there is not enough money to make ends meet, much less afford any luxuries.

People may tell us to do a budget, and we chuckle. The expenses we need to pay for survival surpass the income.

We look at the situation; shake our heads, and say, "No way."

Many of us have had to live through these situations. This is not the time to panic; this is not the time to despair.

Panic and desperation will lead to bad judgment and desperate moves. This is the time to substitute faith for fear. This is the time to trust Higher Power to meet our needs.

Take life one day and one need at a time. Use your survival skills positively. Know your possibilities are not limited by the past or by your present circumstances.

Examine any blocks that might be stopping the flow of money in your life. Do you have an attitude, an issue, a lesson that might be yours to change or learn?

Maybe the lesson is a simple one of faith. In Biblical times, it is said that Higher Power walked on the water. It is said His followers could, too, but the moment they let fear take over, they sank.

During financial hard times, we can learn to "walk on water" with money issues. If we make out a budget, and there's not enough money to survive and pay legitimate expenses, do your best, then let go. Trust your Source to supply your needs. If an emergency arises, and there is no cash to meet the need, look beyond your wallet. Look to your Source. Claim a Divine supply, an unlimited supply, for all that you need.

Do your part. Strive for an attitude of financial responsibility in thought and action. Ask for Divine Wisdom. Listen to Higher Power's leadings. Then let go of your fears and your need to control.

We know that money is a necessary part of being alive and living; so does our Higher Power.

Higher Power, bring any blocks and barriers within me concerning money to the surface. Help me take care of myself financially. If money is tight, I will dispel fear and learn to "walk on water" concerning finance issues. I will not use this attitude to justify irresponsibility. I will do my part, including letting go of fear and trusting you to do the rest.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I needed this one today, thank you!!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ha, I thought of you when I posted it, FS!!
Old 10-05-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh wow! This is speaking directly to me today!

I always click on these posts from you honeypig (which I am so grateful for, btw!) and think "I bet this will resonate with my personal situation today since I am compelled to click this post today..." And sure enough, it does! And especially today as I just posted how I am slowly getting over my fears of financial instability.

So I open this post to "see" if it will serendipitously speak to me, and of course, it does... Then I scroll to the bottom and see a photo of an owl, which just so happens to be my most favorite animal. HA! I might just take this as my HP speaking to me about how to go about my worries of moving out on my own and how to pay for it all... Thanx honeypig!
Old 10-05-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

LemonGirl, that really is one fine owl, isn't it? I agree, they are mighty cool birds. If I wake up in the wee hours, I often hear one calling from the huge and ancient pine tree on the NE corner of my land.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
LemonGirl, that really is one fine owl, isn't it? I agree, they are mighty cool birds. If I wake up in the wee hours, I often hear one calling from the huge and ancient pine tree on the NE corner of my land.

Oh, amazing! I am jealous! lol