Notices

Newly weds, a lot of lying involved

Old 10-03-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newly weds, a lot of lying involved

My husband and I just got married in July. We've been together two years, he hit his head last summer, and hasn't been the same yet. He got diagnosed with narcolepsy and needs to take adderall to stay awake during the day, and triazolam to sleep at night. He is addicted to the adderall, and when he takes more of his sleep mess then he is supposed too, he turns into s different person. ;/ head started to lie to me about how much he is taking, and we got a lock box so that he can't get into it (he knew why we got it, and agreed to it) and he found a way into the lock box without needing the code, and told me he wouldn't do it again, because I keep the medicine that I need in there, and he took it all. So I am completely out of mine. I'm not sure what to do. I'm so angry. Someone give me advice please. ):
Old 10-03-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Dino!!

Sorry to hear of what brings you here, you'll find loads of support and advice, we even have a friends and family section, but here is just fine to post!!

Does your husband admit himself that he's over doing things on the medication, or is he in denial over the whole thing, the reason I ask as it might be a good idea to have a good chat about things, express your feelings on the situation and if he can see himself that it's become a problem then working towards a solution will be that little bit easier.

Moving on from that going back to the Dr who prescribed it might be a way forward, explaining that it's possibly causing more problems in the long term, and are there any other alternatives that are medically appropriate in the circumstances, you never know there could be other options.

You'll find loads of support here no matter what happens!!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Dino
Old 10-03-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome, sorry to hear of the troubles you are faced with

I would bring this up with the doctor if I was you... honestly
Old 10-03-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Honestly, if he's going as far as taking your medication, as well as too much of his own, I would almost suggest professional help / therapy may be best.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Welcome to the Forum Dino!!

Sorry to hear of what brings you here, you'll find loads of support and advice, we even have a friends and family section, but here is just fine to post!!

Does your husband admit himself that he's over doing things on the medication, or is he in denial over the whole thing, the reason I ask as it might be a good idea to have a good chat about things, express your feelings on the situation and if he can see himself that it's become a problem then working towards a solution will be that little bit easier.

Moving on from that going back to the Dr who prescribed it might be a way forward, explaining that it's possibly causing more problems in the long term, and are there any other alternatives that are medically appropriate in the circumstances, you never know there could be other options.

You'll find loads of support here no matter what happens!!

Yes, he has admitted he has a problem. And keeps promising things will stop and he will be honest, but then k find himself doing it again. He told me by Tuesday he will have a plan to go get help or figure something else out. It's hurting us so bad and I hate it
Old 10-04-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you have to deal with this Dino, but I'm really glad you found us.
I hope he comes up with a decent plan.

D
Old 10-07-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Dino - how's he going with that plan?
It will be very hard for him to be honest and ask for help, or even ask what help is available. Presumably you will need to get some more of your own meds, so maybe you could explain the problem to your doctor and see it they have any good ideas that could help him to get the ball rolling.

Hope you're okay