Stars...

Old 10-02-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Stars...

Stars have always helped me to get things into perspective . . . I tried to let the starlight heal something deep in me that hurt.
—Madeleine L'Engle

For a long time, people have used stars to find their way in the dark. Many a lost soul has been guided by the North Star or the Big Dipper.

If we watch the sky at night, we can see thousands of twinkling stars. They are our friends. They remind us how small we are. They remind us of the vastness of the universe, of the power and beauty that surround us.

Starlight in the sky, or reflected on a lake, can comfort us when we hurt. With safe and open arms, nature accepts our sorrow, no matter how we express it. Starlight, like all of nature, reflects a light that comes from way beyond us. It is that light that heals us in a deep and quiet way.

How has nature comforted me when I am troubled?

~From Today's Gift by Hazelden
Old 10-02-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This reading touched me today because nature is my very first go-to place when I need to get grounded or just to find peace when my spirit is restless.

Surrounding myself with water, or hills and birds and the smell of apples in the air, as it is in my neck of the woods, just brings me back to reality. It resets my "what's important and what's not" button and gives me a chance to breathe and think clearly in the peace that surrounds me.

Try this...tomorrow find even a small corner of nature, a park or a pond or a garden, any space that is quiet and pretty, sit still for a while and let your thoughts rest quietly, close your eyes and listen to the breeze and what it whispers to you. Try it and I promise you will find something you didn't know was there...a soul soothing space that is all yours to embrace.

Let me know how it works for you.

Hugs
Old 10-02-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ann, thank you for sharing this.

As I think back, I always feel comforted by the sounds of leaves rustling in the wind, in the fall. Natures wind chimes.

I feel like I am safe when I sit on the ground, hear the wind, and feel the vibrations of it all.

life is too short, isn't it?
Old 10-02-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Indeed it is, Chic. I too love the sound of the leaves in the breeze in the autumn and the waves breaking on the shore of the bay. I sleep like a baby listening to that, it's the perfect peace of night time telling me all is well.

Hugs