Notices

Spent a night in jail for first and last time

Old 10-02-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spent a night in jail for first and last time

I relapsed yesterday after having a great and successful day. I was filled with confidence and joy that I wanted to celebrate the way I know how: drink and spend time with strangers. It was fun and the night came to a close. I was walking back toward the university and was stopped by campus police that must have noticed me stumbling along the road. I was headed to a Starbucks for coffee and sobering up before my hour commute back home.

I wasn't causing a scene but they were concerned for my well being as the area is dangerous anytime of day but night its worse. They didn't want to take me to jail so he had me call a few friends to see if they could pick me up. Most of my friends live far from the city I was in and the connections I do have there didn't answer their phone at that time. He didn't want to leave me alone so they took me to the "drunk tank" to be held until I sobered up.

I spent 15 hours in prison not having a good time. I wasn't even arrested, and if you ask me, that is a ridiculous amount of time for someone that isn't arrested. I don't know how people can do long sentences! Fifth-teen in jail and I am done with that place.

A lot of worse things could have happened. I could have gotten in my car and driving, risk DUI or hurting someone on the road.

I feel done with this alcohol. This is a wake up call that next time things can and will get worse.

My gf wants me to seek more assistance so I may try AA or something similar. I have to pray every night. I have done this before I can do this again!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

My gf wants me to seek more assistance so I may try AA or something similar.
I'm sorry Goes, but honesty I think the 'may' train has left, my friend.

Make this your turning point. Think about doing something concrete and follow through with it.

Do this for you, not your gf.

You never have to go through that or feel like this again

D
Old 10-02-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Make this your turning point. Think about doing something concrete and follow through with it.

D
I meant *will
Old 10-02-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

good man

D
Old 10-02-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah wake up call for sure. Drinking only leads to problems like that its just not worth it. You definitely found a place to start and vent. Lots of good people here.

Cheers

Dru -
Old 10-02-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back Goes!
Old 10-02-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You have a gf who supports you, and you got a lucky wakeup call. We all know that trip to Starbucks wouldn't have sobered you up, but merely made you a slightly more alert drunk on the road.

Good man for admitting you have a problem. We're here to help. Welcome !
Old 10-02-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent advice from Dee74
Old 10-03-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Time to draw a line in the sand under alcohol GoesWithTheFlow, make this your turning point, you don't ever have to go through this again!!

You can do it!!
Old 10-03-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can do this
Old 10-03-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have been locked up a good few times and on occasion had to ask the custody sergeant why I was in his response was murder then he laughed and said drunk and disorderly you can imagine how I felt in that split second.

Stop now before it's too late you can do this.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Brilliant post. My may train had left so long ago that I had to wait for the next one
Old 10-03-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Glad you're here posting!

I lived for many years in a prison but not of bars and bricks. A cell of bondage of alcohol. I was doing a life term.........

Some how by grace there came a small moment of clarity 16 months back. I began to accept I couldn't drink like a normal person and reached out for help - here and in the rooms.

I hope in your moment of clarity you'll take the action needed to stop and stay stopped. It will change your life forever and release you from the jail cell of our own existence.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the encouraging words!

This past time I drank, I said to myself: "Give up on given up drinking. You really have a good time when you go out and drink don't you? No one gets hurt except you if you drink a little. No one has to know if you just drink a little. " ... I listened to that voice and I went to drink with the intention of lying to my gf again. I thought to myself I would drink two or three, eat, study/work, and head home after the smell went away. But one turn into five. Five turned into nine. Nine turned into thirteen and the rest is now history.

I said I wouldn't give up but for whatever reason that day I gave up. My resolve isn't as strong as when I went 100 days. I did things that I said I wouldn't and those decisions are making it that much more difficult to stop drinking now. I got a lucky break but I doubt I will get another. Prison and death have been knocking on my door from alcohol abuse for a long time. I was given a little taste of prison and I would hate to be there for any length of time; I would prefer death.

To a sober weekend and life SR.