Still in a fog

Old 09-05-2004, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still in a fog

I haven't left my bedroom all day. I've just watched tv and looked around on the computer. I keep telling myself that the next day will be better. I dropped my husband off at detox 3 days ago. I've never gone 3 days without at least talking to him. It's hard even though I know its best and there is nothing to say right now. What usually happens now? They didn't give me any information at the hospital. How long does detox usually last? What happens after that? Does he just come home like nothing happened? Any insight would be helpful.
When I stop worrying about my husband and reminding myself that this is real and not a dream, I start to worry about the finances. Once I pay the mortgage on Tuesday I will have exactly $1,000. left to my name. What am I going to do? Should I sell the house before our credit gets ruined? This is all making me sick. Going to my first Al-Anon meeting in a couple of hours. I hope I find some relief there. I'm very nervous.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck to you..I don't know the answers...I just wanted to send you some hugs ((((anniecake)))).
Old 09-05-2004, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
brightlight

I do not have the answer to your question sm

about the house or what happens at detox. I know I would feel just like you if my husband had to be gone from me. I do not that two years ago when he started drinking that we had a fight and I had this strange feeling he was going to leave me. He wasn't, but I could have kept up my yelling and caused more trouble. I prayed to God to know what to say to him and to keep evil away from him. I called him on the phone. It was strange how I just picked up the phone and later when he came home he said something about I had said all the right things. One night when he was at the bar late, I prayed to God to bring him home NOW. Keep him safe and surround him with angels and keep evil away. He walked in the door within 10 minutes. He goes to a bar across the street and it takes probably 5 minutes or so to get home, so something got him moving. We had to go through bankrupcy a few years ago and we were very afraid, but it happened and we lived. I hope you get some good news or relief today.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Congratulations on going to a meeting tonite. You may not think that it does much but it is the first step to building a support system for yourself. I couldn't deal with alcoholism and addiction by myself, and lucky for me I don't have to. What we deal with is scary and frustrating, but I have found some serenity and some tools to deal with it in a healthy way. Let us know how it goes. Hugs, Magic
Old 09-05-2004, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Anniecake,
You're doing good to look at the positive side of things because things will get better day by day. You made it through a tough spell...having to get your husband to a detox facility is a difficult move. I don't doubt that you're waiting for something good to come of this. Only problem is, the detox facility can only give your husband suggestions to help him to follow a pathway to recovery. He has to make the hard choices as to whether he will come clean and go through the necessary lifestyle changes to meet that challenge. Financial difficulties prevail among all of us...sometimes health has to take a front seat. I pray that you'll find support and guidance at the Al-Anon meeting. All of us support you and pray that you'll find the strength to get through today. It's healthy that you stay connected to others during this time. Prayers.
Sandy
Old 09-05-2004, 04:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

anniecake - don't know about detoz - my ah has been thru several "unplanned" detoxes and it was about 5 days and of course, he' right back at it. hasn't hit bottom yet.

luckily we are ok financially - house is paid for - thank God!

hugs and prayers to you

cwohio