Vivitrol

Old 09-30-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vivitrol

Anybody alcoholic ever do the vivitrol shot? Mine is getting his today just curious if anyone has feedback, stories, support.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmm, I hadn't heard of this, but upon googling it, it seems to be a drug along the lines of Antabuse. I'd guess that, like Antabuse, it is a tool, and only a tool, to use in working towards recovery. Like Antabuse, it's not going to guarantee recovery, and it needs to be combined w/a full recovery program, not just used on its own, in order to have a real chance of helping. Also like Antabuse, it seems to have some pretty severe results if the person using it decides to go ahead and drink/use anyway as well as having some major side effect possibilities.

This is the main site I looked at. VIVITROL® Official Site | VIVITROL® (naltrexone for extended release injectable suspension)

I don't have any firsthand experience, but maybe others here can tell you about theirs. Best wishes!
Old 10-01-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't really know much about it at all, but I have heard it's very expensive.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My ex used it for opiates. Worked really well when he used it...but like the contributors above--it's not a cure, simply a tool.