Overwhelmed and underwhelmed

Old 09-28-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overwhelmed and underwhelmed

I did it. I left. I took our daughter and left. Overwhelmed at all of the "what next" and underwhelmed at not feeling a sense of peace or anything remotely happy. I'm staying with family. I have an awesome, supportive, loving family. But my daughter and I do NOT want to be staying with people, we are used to our privacy. We have NO space. I have no job. She has to start a new school. She LOVED her old school. There's nothing to look forward to. Okay, it's only been a few days, but honestly it's hard to keep focus on why we left. I guess the familiar fight is easier.....I don't know.....
Old 09-28-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As someone staring this in the face, here's a hug! I would imagine that you're in shock right now. Try to be good to yourself. Maybe think about what you want your future to look like. Truly up to YOU. How exciting. Assuming you'll be looking for a job and a place. Things will settle down when you get in a new routine.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh there is plenty to look forward to! We only have to look deep inside and find what makes us happy. Now that is the tricky part. By the time you leave your cage, there is a big chance you forgot you had a pair of wings.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by icandoallthings View Post
I did it. I left. I took our daughter and left. Overwhelmed at all of the "what next" and underwhelmed at not feeling a sense of peace or anything remotely happy. I'm staying with family. I have an awesome, supportive, loving family. But my daughter and I do NOT want to be staying with people, we are used to our privacy. We have NO space. I have no job. She has to start a new school. She LOVED her old school. There's nothing to look forward to. Okay, it's only been a few days, but honestly it's hard to keep focus on why we left. I guess the familiar fight is easier.....I don't know.....
Starting back with family is like reinforcing the foundation, before you build a house. You need to start with stable ground. So this is a good first step in starting fresh. Good for you, your daughter and family for having the courage and humility to do the right thing. It will pay off in the longrun to rebuild your relations and lives on solid ground. Hugs to all of you! I hope you find ways to make the most of your time together, and find the deepest most difficult challenges offer the greatest rewards.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just keep looking forward!
Old 09-28-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Omg its horrible I know the feeling!!! I did the same as you....no job 3 kids!! And stayed at mums for 3 weeks it was the longest ever 3 weeks of my life I couldn't even cry in privacy!!!!!!!!!!! I promise u to hang in there u will get your own place ...I did and the feeling of freedom..... peace and relief outweighed it all.
Look forward to those feelings if anything? They are amazing feelings.....I'm still up and down but those are still strong.
Hugs I know how hard it is its the worst be kind to yourself....its ok not to cope....you will get there xxxxxx
Old 09-29-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh thank you all! You're the most amazing group of people. I have been very quiet on here for a long time. SR is an amazing source for advice, support, useful information. You make my cry with your words of support.

Helly you are so right!!! Some well meaning mom or sister is constantly checking in on me. Ugh!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Thanks for reminding me of something to look forward to. It's so easy to just focus on the right now. I guess that's been my life for so long hasn't it? That never dawned on me before right this minute!! I have lived a life of "just get through this day - once everyone is asleep there will be peace" for YEARS now!