Notices

1 month in Intensive Outpatient treatment

Old 09-26-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 month in Intensive Outpatient treatment

It's been a little while since I had my own thread so I thought I'd say hello to everyone. I've been going to IOP for about a month now and it's been a very interesting experience. I've heard a lot of different stories on how everyone has gotten into treatment. The paths in their lives that are similar to mine. It's a good feeling to be with other people who are in the same position as I'm in. The support is amazing, the groups are great, and our instructor really knows what she is doing. Of course I've had my down moments as there are times where I have to focus on things I'd rather not, but I have to learn to deal with the guilt and all the crap I did while drunk out of my mind. I'm attacking each thing one by one and living each day one day at a time. Sometimes though I can honestly say it really sucks. I don't miss being drunk at all, but looking back I understood why I was. I want my life to improve and I know it will be almost a month since my last drink, but I do know it will take time.

I have 1 more month of IOP then I'm officially out in the real world. I've been attending AA meetings with other people in my group. I've been starting to develop a plan for when I've completed IOP so I have to stick with it. I have court coming up at the end of October for 1 DUI case then I have court again in December for the DUI I received in August. Stupid. God I swear I wish I could take back those times. My life has been so stressed because of it. All in all I've been dealing with it sober. I guess that's all that matters for now.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are her GIR & sounds like you've been doing a lot of work. Be kind to yourself, everything will work as you stay on the sober path.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getright15 View Post

My life has been so stressed because of it. All in all I've been dealing with it sober. I guess that's all that matters for now.
I can relate...it's a learning curve for me needing to face life and life's stresses sober instead of reaching for the bottle to cope. Good job and keep on with it.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounding good GetItRight

D
Old 09-26-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

Being honest about what you’ve done and regret over your recent behavior is no substitute for action.

Stay sober. Live well.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds good! I got a great deal from my IOP.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This too shall come to pass regarding the legal troubles. Stay the course and this will all be behind you soon.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Getitright, I went back and read many of your previous threads. I'm glad you are taking strong action to remain alcohol free as it sounds as if it is very dangerous and destructive for you. Wishing you the best, keep us posted. Congrats on your progress.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm so glad to hear from you, Getright. You can get past this painful time in your life and have a whole new beginning. The bad days will be a dim memory.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i'm sure it will. I'm just here awaiting my fate and then deal with how much they throw at me.

Originally Posted by Roxyblues View Post
This too shall come to pass regarding the legal troubles. Stay the course and this will all be behind you soon.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there, getright. You are doing all you can, beyond that you just have to accept it. I'm sure that the court will look upon your rehab favorably. The big thing is that you will get through this one way or another, and staying sober will pay big dividends for the rest of your life.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there Getitright. Make this a new beginning for yourself. Sounds like you are doing well. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-28-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best