Notices

need evidence of alcohol's evils? you needn't look far...

Old 09-22-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need evidence of alcohol's evils? you needn't look far...

It seems every day in the news there are stories all over that demonstrate what a terrible, vile thing alcohol can be... what it turns humans into.

Just now, a horribly disturbing news report coming out of Florida, where a man brutally, disgustingly murdered his girlfriend in a Tequila-fueled rage.

These stories.... society looks at with a sick stomach and we think how awful that person is.... what a tragedy.... what a sick and twisted mind.

And yet, on we go as a society - glamorizing, glorifying and glitzing up the poison that fuels these horrific tales.

I donno.... I guess I just needed to vent. I'm not sure why I even followed the link and read that article. But yet, those links and articles and stories on the news are there; day in and day out. People who would likely never do these awful things.... in the throes of their modified personalities at the hands of the demon alcohol.

Just another good reason to choose sobriety; at least in sobriety we can be sure of who is making the choices, who is going to be present Today, our actions and our experiences actually OURS.... not the creation or experience of some possessed magnification of our darkest potential.....

Happy Sobriety all.... and prayers to that poor woman's family... to that man who will have to live with what he's done.... to all involved.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

I understand completely .. It makes me soo mad the way the news make drinking a shameful bad thing . Then an add will play after of alcohol being fun !! I went as far as researching how to ban any form of alcohol being advertised any were . Never knew or paid attention before "Why they do ".. I guess mostly Due to sports advertising making big money on them .
Whilst it's killing people & ruining there life everyday . I ask "What's more important Money or Our Lives ? Someone has to step up to the "plate" before that Ball is hit or Kicked & speak up .. Ok my rants over
Old 09-22-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeah, "Police suspect alcohol was involved" seems to be a constant line in many news stories about horrible events like this. But for the grace of my higher power and the good folks here at SR and in AA, I could have been featured in one of those stories...glad I don't have to face that route today.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Recently my brother explained to me that an old mutual friend (I say old mutual friend because I had to terminate our relationship in order to remain sober) had recently got involved in a DUI accident in which he killed a 58 year old woman. She died on site as a result of her injuries.

This friend was put on suicide watch and is being charged with aggravated vehicular manslaughter. His life is over; not just because of the jail time, but because we will have to live with the fact that he killed someone for the rest of his life. He already suffers from severe depression.

Later that night my brother got wasted and drove a minimum of three times that night. Very hypocritical of him especially since he already has a DUI himself.

It pisses me off to FreeOwl how people can be so blind to the evils that alcohol can have on some people. Instead, we continue to glamorize it and sell it everywhere you go. I lost a lot of respect for my brother that night.