Progress

Old 09-20-2015, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Progress

Hi all ABF has had medical detox at home & went surprising well - few hairy moments but got through. Campral also started 3rd day in.

He is doing better, going to mindfulness from tomorrow as they messed up the first week re travel.

But he has had a minor slip - he was honest but he bought cider (2 in a bottle), he drunk 1 whilst I was out and he said he wouldn't drink the other but the bottle in empty in the bin... Early days I suppose.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is early days, but lying is not so much a good start.
Hopefully it was just a slip and he can be honest if it happens again.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Catareta, I'm glad you both came through the detox safely and hopefully you have your dog back.

I don't want to sound pessimistic when you're so hopeful, but it sounds like he's relapsed already. Firstly the fact that he wanted to drink so soon after detox, but also because he has actually introduced alcohol into his system. Even drinking a little causes cravings for more. To stop cravings you need to be totally without alcohol for a very long time.
I hope this is the last time, but be prepared to find out he's drinking steadily again.
Please think about yourself and how you'll react if this is the case.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What FG said--he's relapsed barely out of detox.

The cycle will start again unless you do something different.
I don't mean to be blunt, but looking over your past posts, this guy doesn't
seem to really be committed to quitting.

Can you / do you want to keep taking care of him and yourself?
Old 09-20-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

this "detox" has been in the works since MAY and after it finally came to fruition, with so much planning and waiting, he is right back to drinking again. he deliberately purchased alcohol and then drank it.....that is not a slip.

i hope you can develop plans that do not depend on him.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cat, you've been saying for the past couple months that you are giving him until September or October and then moving on. Also, looking at your past posts, it looks like a similar thing happened last time he got sober for a couple weeks--he started drinking shandys and was soon back to drinking full time. Are you still sticking to your plan to put him out in October if he's still drinking?
Old 09-22-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi. He has started mindfulness now. Revealing his weaknesses - independence & self-esteem. And admitted he feels at a loss - he used to ride motorcycles and was a chef. He doesn't know where he should go despite help.

He admitted its the psychological craving despite the Campral & going to speak to his keyworker. He has more energy but his immune system is taking a knockout.

To be fair, unless you have experienced visual impairment it is hard to understand.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Detox is very far from recovery. I don't say that to hurt you, it is just reality.

XXX