Notices

Blood Pressure?

Old 09-17-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blood Pressure?

Hello All -
I have been around, went on a bender & then went to detox. Not through the hospital but through a homeopathic psychiatrist. It was so less scary than going to a hospital and I didn't have to take all kinds of drugs. I encourage anyone not wanting to go to a hospital to look into this type of detox.

My blood pressure has been lowering since I haven't drank, but I am curious, will I always have some form of HBP? Did I do permanent damage? I haven't worked out in years, which I plan to do once my body heals. I know that should help when I put off some of the weight. I was just wondering if anyone else could share their experience. For some reason I am really freaked out over HBP.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You'd need to see a medical doctor to answer that question. High Blood Pressure can be caused by a myriad of issues. My BP improved quite a bit after I quit drinking, but i also started eating better, lost weight and did more exercise too.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes need to go to Dr. BP is hereditary too. Mine never got better, in fact it got worse. I am very young but I have to take meds because my high BP is hereditary and will never get better no matter what I do. It is caused from several things or is hereditary and can also lead to a lot of other things going wrong physically too. It's nothing to take lightly or be messed around with. Silent killer among women because it can lead to so many other things.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Definitely see an MD for that one. My personal experience is my BP returns to normal when I quit. I'm pretty fit and really not more than 5 lbs overweight, and I eat healthy so I think that's why it returns quickly. I think that most HBP is due to lifestyle so with proper diet, lifestyle and weight many return to normal. But an MD needs to confirm that and provide guidance.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just from my experience Julie... I was put on BP meds when I was 30. That was 10 years into my heavy drinking lifestyle. 10 more years of heavy drinking my BP got even higher while on meds.

After I had quit for about 6 months I was able to loose 30 pounds and my BP was lowered enough to be taken off meds. I check it regularly still, but all is good.

One thing is for sure, if you are worried about your BP then drinking will only make matters worse.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Jule, I"ve detoxed many times and my BP always normalized within a couple of weeks. Usually it is the last part of my system to get back to normal. Exercise and good food always helps like others have posted. If you're concerned, go see your GP. Best Wishes
Old 09-17-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Quick check up with Dr will set you right Julesonya
Old 09-17-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah of course like everyone says, check with a doctor,

Mine was consistently high for about a month after I quit, like 130/90 or so, after a month its normal now at about 124/80 and most times 121/79.

Goes without saying though, drinking definitely makes it worse!
Old 09-17-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was a major wine drinker. My blood pressure was pretty jacked up along with tachycardia on a daily basis (because my CNS was in hyperdrive from the daily withdrawals). I worked out daily, took supplements, ate organic and still walked around with elevated BP.

Contrary to the health studies and media articles touting the "health benefits" of drinking wine, alcohol does drive up the BP. The health studies sure don't tell you that part....

As everyone said in this thread - see your Dr to rule out any other issues like genetic predisposition, diet, etc.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by SarahB60 View Post
I was a major wine drinker. My blood pressure was pretty jacked up along with tachycardia on a daily basis (because my CNS was in hyperdrive from the daily withdrawals). I worked out daily, took supplements, ate organic and still walked around with elevated BP.

Contrary to the health studies and media articles touting the "health benefits" of drinking wine, alcohol does drive up the BP. The health studies sure don't tell you that part....

As everyone said in this thread - see your Dr to rule out any other issues like genetic predisposition, diet, etc.
They do tell you that part. One glass of wine (normal people wine glass) can lower blood pressure slightly, but over one glass of wine daily will not lower pressure, and abusing alcohol will elevate it.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Mine went away with daily exerxise, bananas, and a vitimin CoQ10. I was such a bad binge drinker the bp kept me up all night.