Notices

How Long dose this last??

Old 09-04-2004, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How Long dose this last??

How Long dose this last?? I feal worse than I did on day two . Its been 7 days Dry and all I want To do is drink. last night I put some wine in the cooler did not drink it though. I have lost that good life feeling... Im desperate ..
Jay
Old 09-04-2004, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Jay--It CAN get better, I assure you. Do you have any outside support, other than this board? There are a lot of options out there. I go to AA and find it to be an absolute life-saver. I used to think AA was not for me, thought I was different and special and that it wouldn't work for me. I have now lowered my pride and given myself fully to the program. I have never been happier. I don't know much about the other recovery programs, but there are people on this site who do and who will hopefully be along shortly.

Hang in there. Early sobriety is hard, but it is easier than fighting the alcohol.
Hugs--
Old 09-04-2004, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Jmar,
Desperate is a place I was at yesterday too. If you can escape from your feelings of desperation then you're on you're on your way again. Jmar, desperation is, afterall, just a feeling. No need to act on it. Try to distract yourself by watching television, reading a book, calling a friend, finding something humorous, or just vent here with us. That's how I got over my feelings of desperation yesterday. Best wishes to you.
Sandy
Old 09-04-2004, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jmar, hope you're still with us and have managed to keep hanging on. I remember feeling worse than ever for weeks after I stopped drinking. I'd wake up every morning, with what felt like a hangover, and have to go downstairs and check to see that the same amount of wine was still in the house. It was.

It went away eventually and I'm so much better now - I'd never go back. I do hope you make it too. Being sober is the best thing you can do.

Be strong Jmar and you'll do this thing.

Deg.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all, I just have never cringed so bad. :scared1: thanks for geting me through...

Jay
Old 09-04-2004, 04:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jmar, glad you're holding on. Keep doing it, and it will get easier.

Deg..
Old 09-04-2004, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Jamar)) Glad you made it through! As Sandy said, it's good to get out of yourself and do something to take your mind off of the craving. That is easier said then done early on in sobriety. It does get better! I do AA, and without them, HP, and you guys I wouldn't have made it!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 09-06-2004, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jmar buddy, are you still hanging in there? Let me know how you're doing again.

Much love,
David J
Old 09-19-2004, 06:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jmar buddy...still no response man...I haven't been visiting these boards lately...but how are you doing?!