Notices

sign of the times

Old 09-16-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dim

sign of the times

so here I am sitting in ER so they can manage my withdrawals after abother 6 day binge that almost killed me. After my last one, my g/f threatened to walk out, I had my whole family in tears and I had no choice but to come in so this withdrawal wouldn't kill me. I'mean now checked in to a detox centre for a week starting this Monday and i'm terrified of being away from my family let alone my gf who is hanging on by the shortest of threads. I'm so disgusted with myself and the state I've gotten myself into again and am now even starting to stress and worry about damage that i've cause to my brain drinking so heavily for so many days straight. looking for some love while I get through the next couple of days. Can anyone lend some support?
lots of love X
Old 09-16-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Hey Dim,

You'll get through this and we've got your back. But please remember this place and how you never want to be here again. If you stop drinking alcohol now you never have to feel like this again. Are you in?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dim - it's never too later to start doing things right.
Do everything you can to change things - even the stuff that's scaring you right now...it's the only way to start a new chapter - write a new happily ever after ending to your story

wishing you the best - we're with you

D
Old 09-16-2015, 10:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

All the best Dim, You're in good hands.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been in the ER to detox. Nothing they gave me could make me sleep so I had a good 12 hours to stare at the ceiling and hate life.

Getting thru withdrawal really sucks but look at this moment as a turning point
Old 09-16-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dim SR is so much more than support I'm sending prayers when I was at the stage you are I prayed to this guy

The St Jude Prayer - A Powerful Prayer for Help
Old 09-17-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dim

God bless all of you. I'm in
Old 09-17-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Dim and sending you tons of virtual support.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi.
I’m wishing you well and strongly suggest working on changes to guide you from drinking. A big help for many it to REMEMBER WHEN and what cause your miserable feelings. It’s not people, places or things, it is drinking alcohol.
I also suggest you make a copy of your post above and seriously reading it in case you’re tempted to drink again.

BE WELL
Old 09-17-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR, Dim! Tons of support here, and like was already said, you don't ever have to go through this again. You can turn your life right around with some work and perseverance.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You're in the right spot getting medical help to manage withdrawal. I've done it twice and it helped immensely. After the second time I did inpatient rehab. I would look at detox away from your family and girlfriend as a gift to everyone. You'll be in safe hands, being cared for. Have faith. You could all use a time away from the worry to focus on healing.

You can do it.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You can do this Dim!!
Old 09-17-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dim View Post
so here I am sitting in ER so they can manage my withdrawals after abother 6 day binge that almost killed me. After my last one, my g/f threatened to walk out, I had my whole family in tears and I had no choice but to come in so this withdrawal wouldn't kill me. I'mean now checked in to a detox centre for a week starting this Monday and i'm terrified of being away from my family let alone my gf who is hanging on by the shortest of threads. I'm so disgusted with myself and the state I've gotten myself into again and am now even starting to stress and worry about damage that i've cause to my brain drinking so heavily for so many days straight. looking for some love while I get through the next couple of days. Can anyone lend some support?
lots of love X
Hey Dim
I'm so glad you're getting the help you need. That is a great first step. Focus on you in the detox facility and work on setting up a good plan for support when you get home. I've been to inpatient detox twice...both times completely alone, no one to call, no one to pick me. You are fortunate you still have a family and gf to miss. Even though you have folks who still stand by you, getting out of detox is surreal so you really want a plan...I'm sure there will be counselors who can help you with that.
You don't have to be like me and lose loving people in your life because they just can't handle the sadness of watching you destroy yourself. The good news? You never have to go through this again. Best wishes and good luck in detox
Old 09-17-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dim, I'm sorry you're going through this, but use this as an opportunity to make the changes in your life that you need to make.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Dim. You can do this. Like the other's have said, use this as an opportunity to begin getting yourself better. And also just as important, always remember how you are feeling now and exactly why you don't want to drink today. One day at a time, but never forget why you will be sober today.

Welcome aboard.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Dim

Thanks again for all the supportive words and thoughts, don't know what I'd do without this forum. If i'm lucky my partner will stick by me through this and I've given her my word (not the first time) that I'll spend my life making it up to her. can anyone that's been though something similar (binge of this magnitude) tell me when I can expect to start feeling a little better? I'm better than yesterday but still anxious and restless, not very functional other than video games... its been close to 48 hours since my last drink so I think I'm out of danger but when will I be me again? days, weeks? any insight would be awesome... Thanks again
Dim
Old 09-17-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I feel for you. I've been there. Definitely my low point. You have to have a low point for the high points to exist right? You'll feel a little better every day but it takes quite a while to get to 100%. Took me a few weeks to feel like I could function somewhat normally. You are in the right place. Congratulations on the start of your new life.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Dim, just give yourself time and wait it out as far as feeling right again.
I hope that you will focus on staying sober, it will be for the best.
Glad you are getting care, stay the course!
Old 09-19-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Dim

Thanks again for all your supportive words and wisdom. I need some more advice if possible pls. i'm paranoid that I've potentially caused irreversible damage to my brain after drinking so much for 6 days straight? while I know this isn't the forum for medical advice, can anyone give me any motivation around whether or not this is the case? has anyone drank a similar amount in a binge of a similar length and can give some insight or hope around whether I can actually fully recover from this? i'm stocking up on all kinds of multivitamins, thiamin in particular as this is the one that gets depleted the most as I've heard but is this enough? as always, any advice is appreciated.
god bless
Dim
Old 09-19-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Dim The body is great at repairing itself I had so many issues related to my health that disappeared over time when I stopped drinking

Give it a lil time Dim & btw feel free to ask as many things as you want to bud