Notices

day 6

Old 09-04-2004, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

day 6

I went to my first NA meeting last night.There was alot of people there.I really didn't get to talk to anybody.Maybe my fault.Too nervous to speak up.This morning I have my doubts about whether I'll make it through this.This is day 6 and I really feel bad today.Can't seem to do anything,even watch TV.Guess I'll stay in bed all day again.I would rather be in the middle of the hurricane than fight this storm inside my head.I've come close to callling my connections so many times but haven't yet.Its been over twenty years since I've been this long without.I'm trying to be strong for my family.I hope God will have mercy on me.Sorry I sound so pathetic!I just don't know how much longer I can last.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

You don't sound pathetic Richie.
You sound like you're detoxing and it ain't fun.
How do we adjust without the stuff? Ask yourself this...
Say you get some weed and spark up. What are you going to feel like? I know, relaxed, high, and not as worried. How's that going to change when the weed is gone, and you're left looking at the same situation you're looking at right now?
What's the point then?
Ask for help Richie. Make another meeting and ask for help.
And don't look now man, but it's almost been a week...
Celebrate that in your soul and in your heart.
You've worked hard enough for this. Don't give up now.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Richie--Hugs to you!!! I know the struggle with weed. I have been there, but have now been clean for over 6 months. An absolute miracle for me. Please don't give up. Dan is right. Go back to NA and SPEAK UP!!! Tell how you are feeling and be completely honest. I have a feeling you will be surprised at the amount of support you will get. Those people have been where you are, some may be there still.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hugs to you Richie for trying. DAY 6 is not easy and it's quite an extraordinary accomplishment by my book. I hid my head in the pillows for a long time trying to sort "the storms in my head". Just let it happen and ride with the tide. You're gonna land on a beautiful island soon...I promise. I did and I'll share my island with you when you get here.
Sandy
Old 09-04-2004, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sam082602

Hugs & Prayers to ya, Richie!!

Old 09-04-2004, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Thank you all!I'm still hanging in here.You words of encouragement help more than anything!