Notices

This weekend

Old 09-13-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This weekend

Was hard.. I wanted a drink so bad. I tried to think back to the awful feeling of waking up hungover. I didn't care. I still wanted a drink. I thought about having a beer because that's not my usual drink of choice. Then I realized that one will turn into two that will turn into stopping at the gas station getting more. The craving seemed to last longer than usual. I'm on day 51. I've heard the three month mark is hard. It took everything in me to not drink last night or tonight. I'm pissed off but it worked lol. I just didn't go to the store. I went to an AA meeting last weekend and it helped that night. But it was awkward. At this point my only plan is coming here and reading. It's worked so far. I read the AVRT website and that seems to be a better option for me because I'm kind of shy and an introvert. Which doesn't help either. Thanks for reading.
xo
Old 09-13-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go for not drinking! I get pissed off too, but then I think I will be more pissed off with myself the next morning. That seems to be working for me so far. 51 days is awesome and I can't wait to get there
Old 09-13-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

*two month mark

Yes! I'd be way more pissed in the morning if I drank tonight.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also, drinking is never as fun anymore. Especially now that I've committed to sobriety. So what is the point?!
Old 09-13-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by Bellamiaa View Post
I'd be way more pissed in the morning if I drank tonight.
Cling onto that thought Bella. The wonderful feeling of waking up knowing you succeeded for another day is worth it on it's own.

Try to come up with some strategies for when the cravings hit so you don't feel like you're constantly white knuckling. What triggered the strong urge to drink? Were you hungry, tired, upset? Was it a warm day? Were you in a good mood and wanted to relax and celebrate. If you can look at your circumstances and say 'I understand why I'm craving, it's just because.....' you have a better chance of moving on without drinking.

Have you changed any part of your life to avoid triggers? Is there anything you can think of that will help?

Most of all remember that no-one is forcing you not to drink. It's your healthy choice. You aren't depriving yourself of anything; you're choosing to live a healthy positive life.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get easier Bellamiaa - I'm glad you stuck to it.

Don't be afraid to post here either - we can help

D
Old 09-14-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done fantastic Bellamiaa
Old 09-14-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Your doing great Bellamiaa!!
Old 09-14-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 53 days Bellamiaa and for not drinking over the weekend, you would definitely feel a lot worse now if you had

Incidentally there is a Weekender thread that is for those people who need a bit of extra support and distraction over the weekend. Feel free to post there ( it actually runs for most of the week Lol!)