Big week coming up

Old 09-13-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big week coming up

DW and I are chairing our Nar-Anon home group's 3rd anniversary on Wednesday night - I think we have all of the ducks in a row so that should be a good evening -- lots of friends, food and fun.

The BIG event though is RAD is flying in on Thursday night for the Annual Reunion Picnic at Father Martin's Ashley where she went to rehab ~20 months ago. A few of her rehab friends will be staying with us and her for a few nights in a home that we own nearby the rehab and we all head off to the picnic on Sunday - then everybody scatters on Monday back to Florida for her and one friend, others to NJ and DE.

This will be our second year running a sober living house for a weekend - the kids were all great last year and we had a blast with them!

We can't wait to see her! Last saw her in early June. The voice on the phone and the texts just can't compare.......

Jim
Old 09-13-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope it's wonderful JimC !
Old 09-20-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today was the Annual Alumni Reunion at Father Martin's Ashley.

We went with RADD, it was wonder-full to watch and participate.

All the kids in recovery seeing each other and their counselors again. I saw more genuine smiles and hugs exchanged today than any day I can remember. The residential rehab bonds can run deep and last forever.

Congratulations to each other on their continued recoveries and some bad news exchanged about others who were not present and some who were gone forever.

Father Mark recognized in sort of a count down clock everyone who was celebrating sobriety started with 50 years (1 gentleman) and counted down to 1 day. All were recognized by enthusiastic applause.

Quite a day to remember.

Jim
Old 09-21-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jim, it sounds like a wonderful weekend and I can feel the joy in your heart. I am so happy for your daughter and for your family too, addiction truly is a family disease....and so is recovery.

Yours is shining!

Hugs
Old 09-21-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds great! Hope you enjoy the 3rd anniversary celebration as well. Naranon anniversary celebrations are wonderful - A room filled with peace, hope, recovery and lots of people who truly care about one another!
Old 09-22-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

greeteachday,

Yes, the 3rd anniversary was great - we turned out almost 80 people for a good evening with two wonderful speakers (NA + Nar-Anon).

It was a good thing the bigger room which is on the other side of the hall was empty - we never would have fit in our regular meeting room!

The young man who spoke for NA brought two of his sponsees with him - as a bonus, they both shared a bit after the main speakers were finished.

Jim