Bone tired

Old 09-11-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bone tired

The past 11 days of the month of Sept have been extremely draining emotionally and physically. This past week at work was absolutely bananas patients coding the excessive demands ugh. I hve chronic pain arthritis in both of my hips and sometimes it becomes difficult to walk. Only thing I take for this pain is lidoderm patches and Tylenol. Emotionally am just tired and just want to be left alone honestly. Each day the desire to talk to exabf diminishes but a still want him. But I just hve to remind myself I don't want to be with a person who can't cope with dang near nothing without hving a meltdown. Deep sigh, SR am just bone tired yall today. At the end of wrk I could barely walk to patients rooms by the end of the shift. I wanted to pick up and extra shift this weekend bc it's my weekend off but I don't think I will be able too bc of my body. No bike ride today can't do it am just 2 exhausted and in 2 much pain. This makes me feel like a bit of a failure bc I feel like am not following thru with my goals. Smh am rambling but SR actually keeps me grounded with sharing my feelings.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

gcolema....when you are overextended....you just are. A weekend of rest and sleep is often the best medicine. You don't have to go all Lance Armstrong.
Do you have access to a swimming pool? Swimming is such a good and safe exercise for arthritis. You get all the other benefits of exercise without the strain on the joints.
There are still ways to stay structured and keep your mind off the subject.
Do you do any kind of arts or crafts? Maybe a trip to an arts and crafts store would stimulate your imagination. Listening to music while doing crafts or coloring books (all the rage, these days) can transport your mind (and mood).

Knowing how to pace yourself is a big part of the deal.

dandylion
Old 09-11-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am having a tough week too....so today I did what was just suggested! I swam.....

I swam for over an hour...I am very slow but that doesn't matter. It helped me to re balance and I know I will sleep well tonight because if it.

Take care of you and gave a good rest this weekend.

This weekend I am going to treat as a gift to myself....I have switched my phone and social media off.....and will rest relax and just enjoy the break away from the working /school week.

This weekend is all about me enjoying time with my beautiful children...I am going to worry less and enjoy my time more and keep saying the serenity prayer! That helps enormously.

Take care Phiz
Old 09-12-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gcolman2-

I found that at one point on this journey I was sleeping like the time I had mono....deep, deep sleep for 8-10 hours at a time. In addition I was taking naps, sometimes for hours at a time and having no problems falling asleep at night.

Worried that I might be depressed I brought it up with my therapist. That conversation helped me to realize that I had never "given" myself over to sleep before. I had never partaken in the restorative power of healing from being rested.

My sleep did reset after a few months. Now though if after a few days I have not gotten enough sleep I realized how foggy I am, and for me how much my dis-ease symptoms come roaring back. This is how I lived for the first 37 years of my life, tired, unfocused and spending twice as much energy to make sure things were "right."
Old 09-12-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hope you had a good rest. A deep relaxing bath would be just the thing if you have one. Be kind to yourself and your body.