Notices

Withdrawals Making Me Dwel On The Past

Old 09-11-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawals Making Me Dwel On The Past

I cant make it through the withdrawls, too many mistakes and missed opportunitys in my past, and having no substances in my body to block them out is like a torture.

I done it before but I was never that far gone then, I was stronger things seemed fixable. I'm on day one again, physical withdrawls kick in less than 24 hours now. Must mean my bodys getting weaker, I dont know, maybe I need something to soften the crash.

Tapering dont work, I managed it up to day 4 cold turkey but didnt sleep and was in so much pain with my legs, I had to take something to get me to work. Its such a mess.

Trying to quit constantly has took any of the good stuff out of using, maybe im better off just staying on it until i get a plan?
Old 09-11-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For me there wasn't any enjoyment left. AT all.

Yet i continued to drink and HARD. Don't lull yourself into thinking it's the best course to continue drinking until you "get a plan" because if you are like me, well that plan would never happen.

I took hospitalization and rehab to get me to stop. Then i STARTED to get my plan together and let sobriety take hold.

I had to change things. ALOT of things. My old life was NOT working.

I'd suggest seeing your doctor and telling them about your drinking, be 100% honest about it. And tell them you want help to stop.

AA might be of assistance to you as well. Tell them you WANT to STOP drinking and well...Follow their advice.

You CAN STOP drinking if you want to.

You're not alone. You don't have to do it by yourself.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand how hard it is when you are sober and you really have to stop and face all the messes. It can be overwhelming, but there is no way around it, but to go through it. And, you can. Each day will get easier.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by IWalkTheLine View Post
maybe im better off just staying on it until i get a plan?
Why not make a plan? If you are to the point of not being able to physically detox on your own, that plan might need to involve a supervised detox center or at least a visit to the doctor to help. Withdrawals usually get worse every time, so it won't ever get any easier than now.

There are definitely things that can be done to help though, why not try some of them today?
Old 09-11-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice everyone, dont think i can start anything today scott, just want to hide and hopefully sleep a bit. My DOC is opiates, so first two days is rough physically, I have a stash incase but just wanna try cold turkey, if this go dont work I'll have to use a doctor. I wish I could just sleep for a week to avoid this crushing depression, thing is I need work to keep busy, but im weak and so very sad, its gotta radiate of me, thats how it feels anyway.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So what's the alternative?!!

Keep pushing through, because it will get better, relapsing now simply resets the clock and you have to go through all of this all over again, make this your last time!!

You can do this!! Stick the course!!
Old 09-11-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

IWTL, remember we are here for you. Also remember, things won't get better unless you quit this pattern of drinking. You are going to have a ton of anxiety during the first few days... But it won't get better unless you stick to not drinking. I also agree with Finding in telling your doctor and being honest about your situation. There is help out there, but you've got to reach out for it.

Stay strong, we are here for you.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Quitting cold turkey is tough I'm getting something from my doctor, last night awake all night with horrible shakes, I'm exhausted, went outside it's a beautiful day, laid in a lawn chair with my 2 Mastiffs, one's a puppy so that cheered me up, pretty sad that so many people make themselves sick with alcohol, you'd never get the flu on purpose would ya? Well hang in there.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

My sister had to go rehab have you thought about this ?

Lean on us using will only drain you more the good stuff you talk about will kill you if unchecked trust me I didn't ever get to meet one of my uncles because of opiates

Can you get to an ER ?
Old 09-11-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know..I tell myself I want to drink now to feel good for like 10 minutes (because after that I am just chasing a buzz), pass out, then wake up feeling like dying the next day. So smart, huh.