Notices

Help

Old 09-10-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

I'm in need of ways to get over withdrawals, I'm trying to get off using percocet. I've been using for 9 months 60mgrams a day. I'm 25 years old and only weigh 85 pounds, so it's really taking a toll on my body. I don't wanna substitute percocet with another additive drug. Can someone give me some suggestions to get over rls? Please
Old 09-10-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Personally I would slowly taper off of the Percocet if you can. There is all natural remedies for rls. I've tried them and they do work.

Is there any way you could see a doctor? Mine helped me a great deal.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi minnie. I have no experience with percs, but others may.

Like Peanut said a little expert medical advice is a great idea?

You can also take a look in our substance abuse forum :
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 09-10-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What are the all natural remedies?
And thank you, I honestly don't think I'd be strong enough to taper off. I haven't reached out for help from a doctor because I'm scared, I have two beautiful kids and I'm just not sure what would happen. I'm trying to better myself for them though.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Alcohol was my drug of choice so don't have any real advice to offer here, but just wanted to welcome you and let you know that I hope you'll become a regular participant here. Living clean/sober in recovery really is a better way of life. Wishing you the best today...
Old 09-11-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Minnie!!
Old 09-11-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I recently read a post from another forumite, and they summed up something I know to be true more succinctly than I could.

My take was this: the most powerful words to get you through any night are 'this will pass'.

They out-did me though. Because they had been free for so long. They said:

"Whenever I had a craving in my early days, I would tell myself, 'This will pass'. And looking back I realise that if I told myself this that I never had a craving that lasted more than 20 minutes. The cravings would come, and I would tell myself that I needed a drink, and I would say, 'this will pass' and 20 minutes later, the craving would be gone, and I would say to myself, 'well, what was the point in giving in to that?!'"

Presume a craving will be gone in 20 minutes and see if you can get good at living 20 minutes at a time and waking up amazed by your new-found resolve.

Good luck!

Old 09-11-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Minnie
Old 09-11-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

a more special case

Originally Posted by Minnie123456 View Post

I'm trying to get off using Percocet.
I've been using for 9 months 60mgrams a day.
I'm 25 years old and only weigh 85 pounds
These questions are best left to the professionals (doctors)

Seems that you have even a more special case than most due to your very light body weight.

At the very least call an ER and speak to a nurse and ask for suggestions.

Please stay in touch with us here on site.
You will find a lot of support here.

MM
Old 09-11-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Minnie,

My daughter was addicted to opiates and had that same kind of body weight at 5'9" tall. She too started with Percocet, then Oxy, then Opana and finally to heroin when the money ran out. Now 19 months clean, doing great.

She detoxed with Suboxone over the course of just a week or so UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION. I don't know or recommend trying this by yourself.

I believe that Winthorpe has this right in his post above - this will pass.

I have heard from medical professionals, mental health professionals and others in recovery that a craving only lasts 15 or so minutes - my daughter also agrees -- if you can make it through the 15 minutes, you'll be OK again for a while. One psychologist who specializes in addictions had a list of "Things to do for 15 minutes" which she would give to patients. They were rather mundane activities - vacuum the living room, wash all of the dishes in the sink, file your nails, anything to distract and occupy your brain for 15 minutes.

Keep coming back,

Jim