Almost There - Grateful to Have Been Pulled Through

Old 09-10-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost There - Grateful to Have Been Pulled Through

It has been a long time since I have posted to this forum. Life keeps me busy, busy, busy and happy, happy, happy. I don't like to dwell on the past events and look back at the awful things I experienced when I was with my ex addict husband, but choose to reflect (with my spare time) on the blessings I have in life.

This time last year, I signed a lease to a home to rent and secretly planned an escape from the addict I was married to. I am just waiting for the next two weeks to pass before I will be able to file my divorce. I thank God, when I think about the times I faced during my relationship, for pulling me through. I can't believe I made it out and how much has changed in my life in just a year.

I have been no contact since February of this year and I think that has helped a lot. Out of sight makes it easier to move forward. I can't help but think I was used as a means to an end for all those years and I'm OK with that now. It doesn't bother me anymore, when I once was bitter. His family thinks poorly of me, which is OK. I have no idea the picture they painted of me. All I know is I'm about two months from legally being unbound from a time in my life I never thought I would get through. I am so grateful.

Thank you to all who commented along the way and who tried to bring me to see the dysfunction in my relationship. I am almost out.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your success! It gives me hope to hear that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are in the same boat, yogagurl! My divorce hearing is Monday. sometimes i thought i'd never freaking make it to see the day...

YAY! Congrats on taking your life back