Notices

Cracking up! utter mess!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cracking up! utter mess!

Hey all been a while since I logged on here, hope you are all keeping well.

Not sure how to word this but I will try my best ok!

Was doing really well sobriety wise was on day 20 or something which for me is a big achievement, anyhows I went over to stay at my friends house for two weeks as he has just lost his mother months back, so trying to be a good friend. He argues like cat and dog tho ALL the time and it just brought me right down into a nervous WRECK! I was stupid and through my own fault I broke my sobriety ( which I have started back up today ) I went on a 3 week binge, then stopped for a few days and then back on it, now stopped again!

I am back home now and I feel like I am cracking up, am I having a nervous break down? I am having panic attack after panic attack! I am CONSTANTLY feeling a sense of dread and my legs are shaking so bad that they are aching to the point it hurts and I feel like I am going crazy in my mind like I am losing touch with reality, I feel like I am not really here, I broke down sobbing yesterday as I could not stand it anymore, it subsided for a bit after that but its back now with avengance!

I have decided not to hang around with my friend anymore, he just argues and argues and manipulates etc ( even before his mom died)

My therapist was just well....... unprofessional in my opinion!

I have pregabalin pills in my house that was prescribed to me so I shall give them a go today!

Am I goona be ok? anyone ever experienced this or worse?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am TERRIFIED that I am losing it!

Not picking up a drink that I can do and am now doing!

Anyone ever recovered from a nervous breakdown?
Old 09-10-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh and also my panic attacks have got so bad I can barely walk my dog outside now!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, Chilledice. I hope you can get back on the wagon and get some positive stuff going!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chilled

sorry you're struggling right now.

If your anxiety is at the stage where you can no longer walk your dog, I think you may want to consider some professional help?

If in your opinion your therapist was unprofessional , can you find another?

The one thing you must absolutely do is stay sober. Drinking will only perpetuate this.

Take care,
D
Old 09-10-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
Sorry to hear that, Chilledice. I hope you can get back on the wagon and get some positive stuff going!
Im back on the wagon and I really don't wanna drink again I just don't!

I want this feeling of madness in my mind to go! just constant feeling of being on edge!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Chilled

sorry you're struggling right now.

If your anxiety is at the stage where you can no longer walk your dog, I think you may want to consider some professional help?

If in your opinion your therapist was unprofessional , can you find another?

The one thing you must absolutely do is stay sober. Drinking will only perpetuate this.

Take care,
D
I have pregabalin in my house which the doctor prescribed for my anxiety so starting those today, DEFINATLY staying sober that's a big must for me and I am so ok with not having a drink.

There are local therapists near me to which I am looking into , I just gotta get the courage to leave the darn house and go talk to them.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

How long ago did you stop drinking this time around?

It could just be the things that the brain goes through while drying out and your brain chemistry is out of wack.

Some people experience some really bad anxiety when quitting and I was like you. When I quit, I would panic if someone even came to the door, let alone venturing outside.

If it's that bad, give your doc a call and talk with them for some suggestions.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time
Old 09-10-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
How long ago did you stop drinking this time around?

It could just be the things that the brain goes through while drying out and your brain chemistry is out of wack.

Some people experience some really bad anxiety when quitting and I was like you. When I quit, I would panic if someone even came to the door, let alone venturing outside.

If it's that bad, give your doc a call and talk with them for some suggestions.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time
Please don't take this the wrong way but im glad im not the only one, felt like I was going insane ya know? like proper cookoo!

I stopped drinking yesterday, I had a 3 week HEAVY binge then stopped for a few days then drank lightly for a few days and today is day 1! Thanks for the support I really do appreciate it!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm glad your back with us I've seen ppl recover from breakdowns some of the best ppl I know have had breakdowns Inc my late mother

Old 09-10-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
I stopped drinking yesterday, I had a 3 week HEAVY binge then stopped for a few days then drank lightly for a few days and today is day 1! Thanks for the support I really do appreciate it!
If today is indeed day one you are probably dealing with withdrawals, not simple anxiety and panic. Unfortunately withdrawals can get worse and worse with subsequent binges, and even if you never had these symptoms before they can certainly happen at any time. Don't be afraid to seek medical help too, remember that WD's can be dangerous for some..and it's better to be safe than sorry, right?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Chille.... Sorry to hear that but hey ho, been there so many times... It will get better.. Obviously like most here, a Quack is recommended.. We do seem to forget the withdrawal effects & each time think we are dying.. Sure you know the routine!! Plenty of water, if you can get out, Tesco do this Smart Water which has added electrolytes which will help. Like Gatorade but without all the other nasty ingredients... hang in there fella... We are all rooting for you...
Old 09-10-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much i do truly appreciate it! I managed a walk tonight with a friend and wow what a difference fresh air can make!! off to bed now folks goodnight God bless you all.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-10-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah I had a pretty severe nervous breakdown over last Year, lasted maybe five months. I've recovered, and got sober in the process, so it's doable

But if you've only just quit again, it could just be withdrawals mixed with anxiety. Yeah, fresh air helps. Get lots of exercise outdoors

And don't drink!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I didn't realise it was day one.
The anxiety gets worse each time we stop drinking. Chilled.

Read up on Alcoholic Kindling.

I'm glad you feel better

D
Old 09-10-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
now's the time

My withdrawal this last time included terrible, terrible anxiety and panic attacks too, Chilledice. The whole week before I quit I was afraid to go outside. Then afterwards I had a panic attack that was so bad that I thought I was actually dying, in that moment. It was terrifying. When I hear certain sounds it reminds me of it, and I get this momentary heart drop when I get even the faintest recollection of how I felt.

Good news is I'm two months sober now and I haven't had a single panic attack since I finished withdrawals... and although anxiety comes and goes, it's nothing at all like what it was then. You can get through this. And don't be afraid to get medical help if it's needed. I ended up going to a professional detox and it helped a lot to know that I was physically going to be safe.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there Chilled, for me my anxiety subsided with more Sober time!!

You can do this!!