Notices

How is everyone doing?

Old 09-09-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Princess

How is everyone doing?

I truly enjoy this site, it my 2nd day on here and I admire all the brilliant people who want to improve their life!

I am going on 8 weeks of sobriety which means I don't have to have an evening drink to make me think I'm going to have a good time, instead I have more energy to do the things I always wanted to do.

Today I did TONS of yard work and eventually grilled the best steaks, oh how I love the smell of grilling! I'm enjoying this recovery.

How is everyone else?
Old 09-09-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking, Paper. I'm closing in on 8 weeks soon and feel pretty darn good about it.
I've been rediscovering my love of going for long walks. I bicycle for transportation most of the time but in my fairly small radius of movement I find the ride is sometimes over too quick. I've taken to walking places just to spend more time getting there, and it's such a nice pace to discover little things you don't notice from a bike or car.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Princess

Good for you upwardspiral! Good to get out there and make life happen!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, Paper. I'm doing pretty well, thank you. Today is day 1 for me, after resuming drinking after 6 months of sobriety. It is hard to start over, but at the same time, I did it before and know that I can do it again.

Congrats on 8 weeks--that is fantastic!!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey paper!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Princess

Hey Matilda, glad to see u on here and I hope you stay healthy by staying sober!

Thanks Alynn!

I'm enjoying this recovery,, I've made it a point not to watch cable anymore as its diluted with alcohol advertisements , this site is helping a lot!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Doing well Mathilda. I guess I've been sober (this time) almost 3 months. Everyone counts days here so I'll have to figure it out. Or not!

Life is good isn't it? Went to my daughters debate club meeting tonight, volunteered to be a judge. Can't do that drunk. So proud of her. Hot yoga this AM was awesome, lots of housework. Just winding down with some iced decaf. Gonna watch some Dexter then hit the hay.

Glad you're here
Old 09-09-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was grilling today too. Stadium brats with kraut.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Princess

That's sounds productive frickaflip so happy your there for your daughter I'm sure she loves it!

Good job Stephen that sounds enjoyable!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Love hot yoga, fricka! I really need to get back into yoga. I enjoyed it so much when I was doing it regularly.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey, Paper. I'm good, sober since May 27. Congrats on 8 weeks; that's wonderful. I'm a musician, just got back from a gig. I feel so much more relaxed and creative when I perform sober....
Old 09-10-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Princess

Great job Verdantia, is such a great talent to be musically inclined and sober at that!!! People tell me I'm tone deaf so yeah I believe it's a gift to know music
Old 09-10-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, paper, and congrats on 8 weeks! That is amazing.

I am doing well today. Thanks for asking. Today is day 126 of continuous sobriety for me. In a row! Including nights and weekends! I am off work for the second day in a row. Going to a noon AA meeting in a bit and then going to go spend some time with the family this afternoon and have dinner with them. I will probably go to another AA meeting this evening. It looks to be another wonderful day in recovery.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Princess

Good for you CaseyW! Nice to get out and do something healthy on a Thursday night!