Notices

TwoMonths!

Old 09-09-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dyl71

TwoMonths!

Hello Everyone,

So today marks two months of sobriety and I have to say that things are getting better with each passing day.

I had actually made it to 4+ months last summer but fell apart shortly thereafter. This time around, my resolve to stay quit is absolute!

However, I do still get those damn cravings! My AV is constantly looking to break me down and resurrect some those negative feelings of "what's the point?" - even if I'm having the slightest "off" day.

Stretching, a Serenity Prayer and a Big Book Read in the mornings definitely help set the tone for the rest of my day. I try to go to a meeting 3x a week, and I'm putting in additional efforts to kill my spare time and "Boredom" with exercise, reading and playing my guitar. Checking in on SR really helps throughout the day.

And to think that 2 months ago, I thought I was going to drop dead of a heart attack or stroke. I looked like death warmed over, and I definitely felt like I'd been run over by a Semi-Truck!

I'm still tired all the time, and I'm definitely craving sweets - cakes and cookies especially - but at the end of the day, I take satisfaction that I'm not drunk and blacking out anymore.

Keep on fighting the battle, my friends - it will only take hold of you once again if you don't keep it in check.

Thanks, SR!

Dylan
Old 09-09-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on two months Dylan, that's awesome! Sounds like you're putting in the hard work to succeed.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic job on 2 months Dylan! The cravings do still hang around, but the more sober time you have the better you are equipped to deal with them. I'm at 13 months and have to constantly remind myself what one drink will bring me back to. Once I get complacent, it's game on for my AV.

Well done on 2 months!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dylan

That's amazing. I am totally with you about starting the day right. My usual thing is to read some AA literature and a little book called the 12 Step Prayer Book. I keep a journal too and that helps.

I find it's also a good idea to do something at the end of the day to mark what I've achieved or what I want to do next. I choose to make a gratitude list but I know other people like to come on here and share.

I still do two or three meetings a week. I just came back from one at which people who are sober a lot, lot longer than you were complaining about a lot of small things that had nothing to do with alcohol. So it really cheered me up to find your warm and positive post.

We can do this!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dyl71 View Post
Hello Everyone,

So today marks two months of sobriety and I have to say that things are getting better with each passing day.

I had actually made it to 4+ months last summer but fell apart shortly thereafter. This time around, my resolve to stay quit is absolute!

However, I do still get those damn cravings! My AV is constantly looking to break me down and resurrect some those negative feelings of "what's the point?" - even if I'm having the slightest "off" day.

Stretching, a Serenity Prayer and a Big Book Read in the mornings definitely help set the tone for the rest of my day. I try to go to a meeting 3x a week, and I'm putting in additional efforts to kill my spare time and "Boredom" with exercise, reading and playing my guitar. Checking in on SR really helps throughout the day.

And to think that 2 months ago, I thought I was going to drop dead of a heart attack or stroke. I looked like death warmed over, and I definitely felt like I'd been run over by a Semi-Truck!

I'm still tired all the time, and I'm definitely craving sweets - cakes and cookies especially - but at the end of the day, I take satisfaction that I'm not drunk and blacking out anymore.

Keep on fighting the battle, my friends - it will only take hold of you once again if you don't keep it in check.

Thanks, SR!

Dylan
Congrats on 2 months of a new journey Dylan. stay connected here at SR.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two months! Your plan looks and sounds a lot like my plan. Keep going!

I read something that Weasel 1966 posted this morning. That he was going to have fun today. It made ne realize that in large part we can each choose the outlook we have on the day. Never dawned on me for some reason.

You rock! Thanks for sharing
Old 09-09-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dyl71

Thanks, everyone!

I'm wishing all of you another Happy 24!
Old 09-09-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Dyl71 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thanks, SR!

Dylan
Good stuff Dylan, glad you're here with us!

Meetings are great - the kinship of suffering and dialogue about the common solution. Of course the journal of the first 100 tells us this is how we did it. For me I had to take the action of doing step work with a sponsor.

I learned in the program that we no longer have to fight a battle - "....we have ceased fighting anything or anyone - even alcohol."

I could not win on my own. My self will always failed - " We are unable, at times, to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week or a month ago. We are without defense against the first drink."do)

You are not alone, friend!!!
And yea - boy did (do) I eat some ice creammmmmmmm
Sugar replacement.......

Congrats on 8 weeks!
Keep coming back
Old 09-09-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rar

Congratulations on your 2 months Dylan. Well Done.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Congrats on 2 months!

I'm 4 days behind you I'm feeling tired all the time too. My body and mind are definitely still in recovery phase. Fortunately I am sleeping great. My urges are still there but not as bad as those first few days.

Keep going I'm right here with ya
Old 09-09-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awesome news Dylan. You can keep it going. Keep on eating those sweets.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dyl71

I'm currently working on Step 4.......This step is definitely going to take some time, and some REAL HONESTY!
Old 09-09-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Dyl
Old 09-09-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 months Dyl
Old 09-09-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
now's the time

Congrats on your milestone!

I'm two days behind you and you sum it up well. I'm tired too, and spending a lot of time either on here or at meetings, but I'm light years happier than I was about 65 days ago Keep on keepin' on!
Old 09-09-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Dyl71, 2 months is FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Thanks for sharing. We can all use the encouragement.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dylan - congrats on your sober Time - I hope the tiredness will be better for you from here on in

D