Notices

I'm lost

Old 09-08-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RacLon

I'm lost

My husband of 5 years and I have 2 young kids together. He battled with alcohol, cocaine in the past and then opiates. He was on pills for a few years and 2 months ago graduated to IV heroin. I just found out about the heroin 2 days ago. He went to inpatient detox 6 days ago. I'm sick to my stomach over all this. I really don't know what to do. I want to be there to support the man I once loved so deeply, but on the other hand, I think that man is gone, never to return again.
I know he's getting help, I just feel hurt, angry, sad and most of all lost. He is a great, active father to our boys. But now that I know he's been high all the time with our kids im just disgusted. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to support him. And honestly I don't even feel any emotion towards him at this point.
Where's Doc Brown with the time machine??!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I am praying for you and your family.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is certainly understandable, Rlong, about feeling lost and hurt. It sounds as if his addiction was such a betrayal. Hopefully, you can start to heal as a family. It's okay if you focus on your needs to find some comfort for yourself.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RacLon

I definitely feel betrayed. I just never imagined this in our lives. We were so happy.
We have 2 beautiful kids, successful careers, a nice home. I just never expected this. I never expected HIM of all people to become addicted to anything, let alone Heroin!!!
I've decided that I will try to be there and support him but I don't even know what to do. I'm going to Nar Anon and tomorrow I meet with him and his counselor so we'll see what she has to say. Ugh...
Old 09-08-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I'm sorry for what brings you here.

I'm an alcoholic but came here originally because my husband is an alcoholic and addict. Check out the family and friends forums here for more particular support. Educate yourself as much as possible on heroin addiction. It's scary.

I've got two young children too and it's hard. Gather what support you can. Nar Anon sounds like a good start.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I hope the best for your family
Old 09-09-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-09-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you're going to NarAnon - you deserve help guidance and understanding too

D