Notices

Hey guys :(

Old 09-08-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey guys :(

Hi, i am 35 years old! Ive had a drink problem since 17 years of age. I used to be a fun funny drunken teenager. Now im nothing much of a **** up! Ive just gone 10 days without a drink, it hasnt been too hard, barely noticed it really, honestly felt the wanting to stop, but now im sat here with a bottle of wine, and ive drank it in an hour and a half, theres me thinking i can just have two, i wont even want it all, and now im sat here, a bottle gone, and wishing to dear god that i had been strong and not caved in! Sorry to ramble
Old 09-08-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

enoughsenough Welcome , Most of us have tried the 1-2 just never worked for me . You know you can do 10 days . Just toss out any you might have left. Start fresh again tomorrow . Best thing is it's never to late to try again . It's the not trying you have to watch out for . Plan ahead , find tools that help you over come cravings . Post & read
Old 09-08-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Welcome to SR

I certainly remember the feelings of being trapped in that maddening cycle of convincing myself I could control my drinking, only to realise time and time again that all bets were off once I had that first drink.

10 days however, is a real success. I'm coming up to two months now and it does get easier with time. I am finding my urges have been less. The hardest thing is to stay vigilant and not get caught off guard.

Tomorrow is a new day, I'd urge you.to get rid of any booze left and make tomorrow your new start.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome EE
Old 09-08-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Enoughsenough. Reach out to us the next time you feel the need to drink. Give us a chance to talk you out of the urge.

Welcome aboard.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

H ienoughisenough, you're not rambling, you are reaching out for help to a group of people who are here to help you. As CCAM said, next time post here first, its helps alot.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hey enoughsenough. So good to have you here.

What you just described is why I can never let it in my system again. When I give in & try to have 'just a few' there's no telling what will happen. I used every bit of willpower I had in the end - and each time I picked up it led to disaster and danger. Only way for us to stay safe and healthy is to stop all together. You can do it.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 09-10-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enoughsenough View Post
Hi, i am 35 years old! Ive had a drink problem since 17 years of age. I used to be a fun funny drunken teenager. Now im nothing much of a **** up! Ive just gone 10 days without a drink, it hasnt been too hard, barely noticed it really, honestly felt the wanting to stop, but now im sat here with a bottle of wine, and ive drank it in an hour and a half, theres me thinking i can just have two, i wont even want it all, and now im sat here, a bottle gone, and wishing to dear god that i had been strong and not caved in! Sorry to ramble
I'm 32 and have been a drinker since 17 as well, I've also been sitting in the exact same position you are right now xx
Lets stop the cycle, it'll only get worse
Old 09-10-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Enoughsenough, you recognised that you have a problem and now know that it is not easy to fix. So you have done the right thing in joining SR

You will find lots of people who have been in the same situation as you and who know just what you are going through.

Start again and as others have said, post before you pick up

Good luck EE