Notices

Belching question........

Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Belching question........

Hi, I have been sober for 8 days now and my stomach has been all mixed up. I had my last drink Sept. 30th, I went in to the ER the next day thinking I was having trouble with my appendix, but the CT scan came back normal. I have had CT scans before and never had trouble with the barium drinks that they give you but this time it gave me terrible diarrhea for like 2-3 days. I've had the "normal" stomach pains I am assuming are normal from recovering from drinking. I haven't eaten anything yet today, but I have had a bottle of water. Since my stomach is basically empty, my burping has been (tmi) tasting like alcohol? It doesn't make sense to me because I haven't drank in 8 days, but has anyone else had this problem? It basically tastes like I drank too much last night, which I obviously haven't
Old 09-07-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've heard of people having too much yeast in their gut and it ferments producing trace amounts of alcohol. Especially on an empty stomach.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That makes sense, that is what my husband said. What would help with that, maybe yoghurt? I can't find anything online.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 8 days RHJ
Old 09-07-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have no idea! But I just wanted to say hi and good for you
Old 09-07-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the hellos and congrats!! I am trying to figure what the heck to eat because, because of the lack of alcohol, I am cravings sweets. But with this possible yeast problem, the last thing I should be having is anything sugary. I've just been drinking water, water and more water. As much as I despise it, I'm going to try some plain yoghurt. I've never felt so miserable in my life. I attempt to quick drinking and my life falls apart, physically and literally (money, marital issues).......sorry for the rant!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Try some vitamins and probiotics. If you have a health store around with a nutritionist, they can help. That was information give to my BF when he began his recovery program and it seemed to have made a big difference.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i too was going to suggest a good probiotic - when our intestinal flora gets "upset" or out of balance, all kinds of unpleasantness comes with it.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice everyone! One day at a time..