A wee bedtime story

Old 09-06-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A wee bedtime story

I feel compelled to state that I am cozily snuggled in a chair, porch light blazing, so that I can enjoy the rest of this peaceful evening of crickets and frogs, reading a book while my children sleep.

AH left early this afternoon to "help a friend with tech issues". That was 10 hours ago. I'm sure the excuse will be saintly, whenever I'm told about it.

I don't flippin' care. :-D

The girls and I have had a lovely weekend, enjoying one another's company. We already have plans for next weekend that are even lovelier. I will be attending Al Anon on Saturday. I'm right giddy about it, too.

I could be fretting that he isn't home. Could be calling/texting, begging him to be careful, hoping he won't drive home at 3 am again. I won't be doing any of that. I'll not be badgering Howard the Duck tonight. Nor will I tomorrow... The day after...

What an odd peace, or I have some sense that it should be. Would be, if I felt guilty. I don't. It's strange, but nice. I like it. I think I'll sleep well tonight.

Good night, all. And thank you. :-)
Old 09-06-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

IS I'm so glad you've found a little peace amid the chaos, and that you're able to spend some enjoyable time with the children.
Have you found the Quackers thread yet? It's full of A excuses for spending extended time out of the house. You could compare your A's creativity with the AH & AW's of other posters. Some of the excuses are amazing.
Thinking of you....
Old 09-06-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Found it! At least I think #3 is the most recent thread for it. AH flew in while I was posting to it. I literally burst out laughing and hit reply as he came out here, smiling sweetly as he played sober. "Switched to Sprite at dinner". Indeed! Lol!